Technical Operations Engineer
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as Lookfantastic, MyProtein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
What will I be doing?
As an engineer within the 24/7/365 Global Operations Centre, you will...
- Provide valuable monitoring insights for our website and infrastructure services, ensuring optimal performance and availability.
- Respond to critical monitoring events, engaging with the wider technical group to triage and restore service.
- Manage, coordinate & communicate Major Incidents
- Manage, coordinate & communicate Scheduled Maintenance & Changes
- Log and respond to queries raised by internal or external customers over the phone, via email and chat.
- Develop processes and procedures
What skills and experience would I need?
- A minimum of 2 years Technical Support experience, ideally in a NOC capacity.
- Excellent customer service skills
- A natural ability to understand needs, problem-solve and find solutions
- Basic Database administration and SQL query writing
- Monitoring, Alerting and Insights
- Good all-around knowledge of server hardware and cloud technologies
- Detail orientated
What's in it for me?
- Continuous development the THG Training Academy and working alongside genuine industry experts who are passionate about revolutionising how brands connect with their consumers through technology.
- Use of our modern, collaborative working environments with on-site catering, doctor, physio and barber.
- Staff discounts on THG Retail, Nutrition, Hosting, Hotels and Health Clubs, Look Fantastic, TheHut, all sole, coggles, ESPA, IWOOT, zavvi and more..
- Competitive salary including night shift allowance.
- Company Pension
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job