Warehouse Operative (Days)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Description of role: The role will encompass all aspects of Warehousing from receiving deliveries, supplying the factories with materials to loading outbound orders, and everything in between. Completing tasks to maintain accurate stock levels, working safely and adhering to the adopted food safety standard.
- Ensure stock is rotated and used in order of date expiry
- Inspect materials prior to issuing to factory for damage or defect
- Report or rectify any stock discrepancies when observed
- Ensure all physical transactions are replicated on Stock Control computer system (ERP)
- Ensure warehouse facilities are secure at all times
- Comply with company ‘clean as you go’ policy specifically ensuring yards and loading bays are free from debris and food
- Liaise with delivery drivers and the Public to maintain a harmonious working environment during busy delivery periods
- Take care of your own Health & Safety and that of those who may be affected by your actions
- Provide suggestions on ways of improving efficiency and reducing waste
- Work effectively as part of a team whilst maintaining the capability to function individually
- Carry out daily inspections of FLT vehicles against supplied check sheet, report defects
- Carry out any reasonable request in the most efficient way
- Respect and value other members of staff to create a positive working environment
- Counter-balance FLT license and experience
- Previous experience in warehousing would be desirable
- Good level of computer literacy. Use of Excel and ERP/WMS system
- High level of numeracy will be required for all aspects of this role.
- Will find something to do during quiet periods
- Able to plan a working day without being instructed
- Passion for accuracy
- High personal standards and good personal hygiene standards
- Committed, disciplined & able to work under pressure
A desire for continuous personal & business improvement
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job