VP of Finance – Bentley Labs
Finance & Fraud
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: 111 Fieldcrest Ave, Edison, NJ 08837, United States
About Bentley Labs
Bentley Laboratories is an OTC and cGMP formulation development and manufacturing partner for over 100 brands in the skin care, OTC and personal care industry, based in three sites spanning 350,000 total sq. feet in the Edison NJ area. Our customers are located across the country, and we produce well over 3,000 different products, utilizing a wide range of chemistries and over 50 manufacturing and production lines, including:
- Surfactant chemistries to formulate and produce hair care, bath & body care products
- Oil in water & water in oil emulsion formulations for skin care, and OTCs including SPF and Acne treatments
- Hot fill applications for solid stick deodorants, lip balms, and other wax based ointments
- Powders for dry shampoos and other loose power face applications
With this diverse and complex set of capabilities, the company employs over 400 people, with 250 devoted to the manufacturing conversion processes, and the remainder in salary roles devoted to innovation, product development, engineering, finance, sales, marketing, procurement, and customer service. The VP of Finance is a key member of the company executive team, and plays a critical role in our overall operations, finance, accounting, and business leadership.
About the Role
The VP of Finance sets and executes Bentley’s financial strategy in collaboration with the CEO and executive team’s strategy for revenue and profitable growth, working in partnership with the Sales, Manufacturing, and Operations leaders. The executive team forms the leadership of our teams that execute on the day-to-day operation of the company, and collectively own the financial performance of Bentley.
- Strategic Planning & Budgeting – Oversees all financial and capital planning/budgeting activities, while contributing as a key executive on the overall company strategic plan.
- Executive Financial Link to THG Corporate Finance – Create and improve the newly established financial link with THG, who acquired Bentley in June 2021. With the support of our I/T team, establish reporting tools that can automatically and frequently update data links of key financial data between the two entities
- Accounting & Reporting - Oversees all financial reporting/accounting including daily, weekly and monthly reports of operational and financial performance and budget variances.
- Value Creation – Ability to identify, communicate, and collaborate on the cost efficiencies and cost drivers in Manufacturing & Operations environment
- Partner effectively with the other leadership team members to meet or exceed the growth targets
- Be responsible for all THG financing relationships and compliance with their financial reporting requirements, while managing the key relationships with their accounting, tax, and finance teams
- Implement proper control systems to assure the accuracy/integrity of all financial data to assure compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements
- Develop and lead a high performing team to ensure we transform the financial side of the business
- Oversee standard departmental activities including AR, AP, discounts, returns, credits, customer and vendor set-up, timely payments and collections, cash flow, Balance sheet, and resolving any issues that arise.
- Be a mentor, and visible leader that demonstrates the culture of Bentley, with a willingness to jump in, help, be flexible, and have the organization know that the VP of Finance is a leader we can count on to be part of the hands-on, high impact, agile team.
- Minimum 10 to 15 years prior finance leadership experience.
- CPA degree and strong background in IT and financial systems
- Financial Audit and manufacturing cost accounting experience
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment
- Strong operational financial orientation with AOP and strategic plan development experience
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead a strong finance team
- Experience at a high growth company
- Experience with Microsoft Office products, especially Excel
- Strong teamwork skills; able to establish and maintain positive relationships with multiple departments
- Clearly communicate plans and ideas, with careful attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal supervision
- Competitive salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits
- 401K, with 5% company matched
- Employee discount
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job