Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is an international technology company and leading online retailer, home to premium brands such as Lookfantastic, Myprotein, and ESPA; all of which are powered by our industry-leading and award-winning technology platform, THG Ingenuity. We are building a world-class business with global ambitions, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model.
We are looking for a UX Researcher to join our growing team of digital experts and critical specialists within the THG UX Team. You will be a key player in developing world class digital experiences to support continued THG business growth and client wins across our high-profile ecommerce portfolio which includes the likes of Nestle, Matalan and Coca Cola.
Working within one of our platform squads, you will guide product decisions and influence the design of new capabilities through research-backed discovery and testing.
The THG UX team are a multi-disciplined digital team, split into three key areas - UX Design, UX Research, and Accessibility. We work collaboratively with our business stakeholders within THG, to provide design solutions for our own branded sites, and sites that harness the THG Ingenuity platform. We work across all aspects of the UX and product workflow, from problem discovery, solution definition, delivery, and optimisation. This incorporates designing for platform capabilities, journeys, and processes. We also deliver research and experimentation insights that help us drive rationale for our design decisions, as well as identifying opportunities for platform automation, scalability, and future product innovation. The UX team sits within the UX, Product, and Business Analysis Department, which is in the wider Technology division, where we work closely with engineers and other tech partners.
Who You Are
- Qualifications in a research field, for example, a Bachelor’s or Master’s in Psychology, Sociology, Anthropology, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Computer Science.
- 1+ years’ experience working in fast paced technology environments as a User Experience specialist
- Have good working skills using qualitative and quantitative research methods and data analysis. Ideally includes exposure to unmoderated research and behavioural metrics.
- Have good working skills of requirements elicitation, research question formulation, hypothesis creation, thematic analysis, and interpreting results whether qualitative or quantitative.
- Have a good understanding and demonstrable application of psychology principles and behavioural frameworks, with the ability to apply these in the research process.
- Awareness of inclusive UX research and design that enables digital products to be accessible to a diverse set of users.
- Awareness of the roles of digital teams and how they contribute to building digital products.
- Are an effective communicator able to confidently share research findings in both written and verbal forms.
What You’ll Do
- Follow a user centred approach, ensuring both qualitative & quantitative data are used to inform design decisions and shape solutions for our e-commerce platform.
- Rationalise and playback research findings to immediate team and wider business stakeholders at multiple levels.
- Collaborate with product, business stakeholders, designers, developers, and data scientists to propose recommendations, ensuring both qualitative & quantitative data are used to define and solve both business and user problems.
- Formulate research questions and corresponding study tasks spanning the discovery and evaluation phases of projects.
- Conduct preliminary investigations and competitor reviews, to identify appropriate research methods relevant to the situation, and execute appropriate research methods to inform design and Product solutions
What Tools You Use
- Knowledge of industry standard research platforms including User zoom/User testing, Google Analytics, and ContentSquare would be an advantage.
- Experience of industry standard Digital Design software (such as Figma) would be an advantage.
What a typical few weeks will look like.
- Share highlights from a research study to your colleagues in our monthly UX team knowledge share session.
- Have a 1-1 meeting with your manager to discuss career progression, general well-being, and reflections on your work
- Play an active role in our weekly design review sessions.
- Collaborate with UX Design, Product and BA on a research study by listening to their views and transforming them into Research Questions and Study Tasks.
- Use your 2 days a month Research & Development time to study, learn, and develop new skills in a relevant area, such as writing engaging survey questions for our worldwide customers.
- Communicate Research findings to your product team and collaboratively determine what is needed to action the findings.
- Participate in team discussions to shape how we improve team culture, the way we work together, and how we communicate the work we do.
- Set your calendar to focus and diving deep into discovering how the users are behaving in your e-commerce funnel, testing a newly designed end-to-end customer journeys, or improve our ways of working.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed, remote-first UX team across the United Kingdom with offices in Manchester and London. These offices are free to use and it’s your choice if you want to work in the office, work at home, or have a mix of both. However, there will be occasions when we'll need you in person at the Manchester Office.
What we can offer you…
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (from Jan 2024)
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job