US Regulatory Manager - Beauty
Compliance & Regulatory
San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role: Cosmetic Regulatory Manager, supporting THG Beauty Brands
The Regulatory and Compliance team's primary focus is to ensure product formulation, labelling and website compliance for all THG Nutrition and Beauty brands globally. THG owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Perricone MD, ESPA and MyProtein.
As US Regulatory Manager you will be responsible for US and CAN ingredient and product compliance reporting into the Head of Regulatory, Compliance & Quality. Your role sits within the Regulatory & Compliance function and your role remit extends to all products and commercial activities within the THG Beauty Division.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and guidelines governing cosmetics in the US and CAN, staying updated on any changes or additions. Maintain regulatory tracker for US & CAN on state and federal findings feeding in areas of threat and opportunities to the Global Horizon Scanning process.
- Prepare, submit, and maintain regulatory submissions for cosmetic and drug products in the US (MoCRA, CNF, CSCP, Children’s products, VOC, CARB etc.). Manage the registration process for Drug Identification Numbers (DIN) and Natural Health Products (NHP) with Health Canada for applicable products.
- Validate the compliance of cosmetic product labels, ensuring adherence to regulatory standards in the US and CAN markets.
- Accountable for setting a regulatory claims strategy underpinning THG Beauty product activities in the US and Canada, ensuring that all marketing claims align with regulatory requirements.
- Act as the main point of contact for regulatory issues related to US cosmetic products, defending against regulatory challenges, and providing support to the legal team.
Raw Material Compliance:
- Lead compliance efforts for all raw materials used in cosmetic products, ensuring they meet quality and purity requirements.
- Prepare and update regulatory Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), guidelines, and user manuals. conduct training sessions for relevant teams to ensure adherence to regulatory policies, procedures, and standards.
- Assist in developing regulatory strategies for the US and CAN markets, working with the Head of Regulatory Compliance & Quality for Beauty Division to support corporate growth and profitability while maintaining compliance and protecting the business's reputation.
- Collaborate regularly with cross-functional teams including New Product Development (NPD), Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, Sales, Quality Assurance, Purchasing, and Legal.
- Bachelors degree in Cosmetic Science or one of the life sciences, particularly chemistry, biochemistry, or biology
- At least 5 – 8 years previous experience in a regulatory position within an FMCG environment
- Strong understanding and knowledge of USA and Canada cosmetic and drug regulations
- Deep understanding of claims review and approval in the US and Canada
- Excellent knowledge of regulatory frameworks, preferably cosmetics regulation and chemicals regulation regarding labelling, advertising and retailing of Skincare, Haircare, Body care and Colour Cosmetics
- Proven track record and experience managing a team is desirable
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast paced environment with a complex workload
- Organized and capable of prioritizing, good attention to detail, confident decision maker
- Strong communication skills, great stakeholder management skills, able to effectively communicate with higher level management within the wider business
- Wide cosmetic regulatory knowledge combined with commercial understanding is essential
- Leadership and management skills including coaching and training of junior team members
- Salary: $65,000 - $76,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K matched up to 5%
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short and long-term disability
- Summer Fridays
- Exclusive employee discounts off THG Brands
- Many more...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job