THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 4,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions; Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award winning treasury team adding to the depth of the team, as we move forward with the next exciting phase of our growth story. This position will be responsible for managing the groups liquidity, investment and FX operations, ensure efficient banking and payment methods are being utilised and supporting other members of the treasury team. As the business continues to grow, this role will support a world-class business partnering service to our colleagues within the wider business, whilst ensuring the continuation and development of key Treasury controls.
- Management of daily liquidity/cash positions including multicurrency accounts ensuring sufficient cash in the correct bank account, in the correct currency, in the correct entity at the correct time to satisfy group requirements
- Foreign exchange management – analysing group requirements in different currencies based on forecast information and proposing FX trading volumes
- Driving improvements in the group payment method processes to ensure efficient setup that delivers lower cost transactions and better visibility across websites, currencies and payment methods
- Assisting with the timely and accurate completion of all payments from the various group bank accounts within the team
- Create a culture of pro-active process improvement within the team specifically minimising manual and time-consuming processes and replacing with effective automatic controls.
- Operate flexibly as part of the wider payments team, providing support and solutions to other colleagues and team members.
- Interest rate risk management – liaising with group bank contacts to keep updated with current developments in interest rates in the main group currencies (USD, EUR & GBP)
- Good mathematical and analytical skills
- Cash Payments and supervisory experience preferably within a global organisation and dealing with differing international payment methods
- Passion and enthusiasm to learn with a ‘can-do’, self starting attitude
- High level of inputting accuracy
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
- Able to organise own workload and to reprioritise at short notice to meet deadlines
- Excellent communication skills, must be able to speak to internal and external stakeholders in a professional manner, representing the team and wider department
This role will be based out of our Manchester Airport offices. Whilst we do offer hybrid working, you would be required to attend the office at least 3 days a week.
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job