Translation Project Manager
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
As a member of the Global Operations Team, you will support the Enterprise Translation Team with the production of language services in accordance with our ISO-accredited quality management system.
The core elements of your job are:
- Work as a part of our global Operations Team
- Support and work closely with the rest of the Enterprise Team
- Oversee the full-cycle of project management covering a wide range of our services, such as translation and proofreading, DTP, subtitling, voiceover, SEO and copywriting
- Source the most appropriately skilled linguists or facilities providers
- Use translation management software to leverage internal and translation memory (TM) segment repetitions
- Manage and maintain translation assets (translation memories, termbases)
- Adhere to our ISO-accredited quality control procedures
- Update the company’s administration systems for project, supplier and client data in accordance with our procedures
- Carry out proofreading, editing and translation (occasionally) as well as text analyses and other text processing, including typesetting, tabulation, artwork and page layout
- Work with established accounts - providing helpful, knowledgeable and friendly support to our clients.
- Support Sales from operational perspective for sales pitches
- Build trusted relationships with clients and develop efficient solutions to their language requirements
- Resolve client disputes and complaints
- Liaise with Accounts, IT, Sales, Linguist Community and Marketing staff to ensure excellent quality of service and high standards of customer care
- Promote the growth of the company and the team
- Represent the company or the team at client meetings
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of using translation project management software to leverage internal and translation memory segment repetitions (experience/knowledge in memoQ would be beneficial)
- Experience in e-learning is a plus
- Experience of project management for a Language Service Provider: 3+ years
- High level of Microsoft Office Suite competency
- Strong commercial awareness and high level of numeracy
- The ability to work flexibly, collaboratively and intuitively
- The ability to work efficiently under pressure to meet strict deadlines
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job