Translation Project Executive Internship
London, England, United Kingdom, Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
We currently have an exciting internship available on our Market Research team.
Your primary focus will be working on projects for our Market Research clients, but as a true team player, your work may also involve a wide range of services in other verticals in the business.
You will support two sub-teams within the Market Research team:
- German Market Research
- Healthcare Research
During your internship you will gain exposure to a number of language services, including translation, proofreading, overlay, link checking, adverse events checks, open end translation and coding. You will gain experience with market research projects and will learn how a language services provider can support the market research sector. You will focus on the following tasks:
· Operations – assisting your team with daily coordination tasks and linguist communication; management of small volume projects
· Linguistics – quality assurance, working with translations and other language services on a daily basis, maintenance of glossaries and terminology databases
· Client Relationship – assisting your team with pre-processing and post-processing work files, preparing word counts and quotes, complete administration tasks
Your team will support you during your internship and guide you through a structured training programme.
What we are looking for:
· Recently completed MA or BA studies in linguistics and translation
· Excellent command of English and another language, German would be an asset
· High level of computer literacy
· Knowledge of CAT tools is an advantage
· 6-12 months of previous work experience in an office/agency environment is preferred
● Flexibility and ‘can-do’ attitude
● Ability to work in teams (on-site and remotely)
● Commercial awareness and drive to provide excellent client service
● Interest in website translation projects
This Internship is full-time, from 09.00 to 18.00 Monday to Friday for 6 months.
Please note that the nature of the work given to you will depend very much on the projects that will be completed in the course of the six-month period. Internships at THG Fluently reflect a real-life business environment where you might be called upon for various tasks at any given time but don’t worry, we will make sure that the tasks are appropriate to your level of experience. This flexibility enables us to give you a wide variety of tasks depending on your professional development, skills and interest.
Our Interns are paid the National Minimum Wage in the UK.
As an Intern you are also entitled to a pro-rata 20 days’ annual leave and bank holidays.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job