Technical Manager - Omega
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the job
Technical Manager (Food Production)
The Technical Manager will drive and support product safety and quality assurance for THG Omega.
- Maintain the Quality Management System and ensure compliance with relevant legislative and customer requirements.
- Keep up to date with industry developments and best practice, legislative and customer requirements.
- Establish a culture of informed pro-active risk assessment within the business and ensure the technical team is regarded as an approachable but robust center of excellence
- Provide and manage a set of key performance indicators that monitor and further develop technical standards within the business.
- Ensure batches released to the market comply with quality and food safety standards as applicable.
- To participate as a key coordinating player in the preparation for and execution of third-party audits, maintenance and follow-up.
- Regularly review the performance of staff against agreed objectives, identifying any training and development needs.
- Oversee handling of Customer Complaints investigation, using relevant tools to establish root cause and corrective actions
- Take part in internal and external audit requirements as per auditing schedule
- Drive improvements in quality awareness
- Ensure hygiene standards across site are always maintained, eliminating impact on operations and manufacturing
- Provide leadership, expectations, direction and guidance to your team.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
To be considered for this role you will need to have the following qualifications / skills:
- You will have a proven track record in quality systems management
- You will be degree qualified or equivalent within a science related discipline
- Experience managing 3rd party/internal audits and technical visits.
- You will have excellent management and communication skills with the ability to develop your team to reach their potential.
- Previous experience in identifying and driving quality and continuous improvement objectives will enable you to make a real contribution to the site.
- Relevant Food Safety qualifications
- Experience with BRC and ISO
Desired Skills and Experience
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job