Tax & Reporting Accountant – MCL (6 - 9 month FTC / Part Time)
Finance & Fraud
Studios, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Studios, M90 5AA
We are a small family office team located in the south of Manchester looking after the family business of a High Net Worth individual. The small size of the team means an ability to get involved in all aspects of the organisation providing a variety of tasks that can be uncommon in larger organisations. From overseeing the property leasing business, helping local Manchester charities alongside the family foundation to understanding the best way to restructure and simplify the group structure – you will quickly become a key member of the team able to have a direct and immediate impact on the group.
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced and skilled individual to join our team in the role of Tax and Reporting Accountant. This position is crucial in ensuring compliance with tax regulations, accurate financial reporting, and optimising the group structure for efficiency and cost savings. Offered on a fixed-term contract basis, this role is ideally suited to individuals seeking a flexible schedule to accommodate personal commitments such as childcare or other obligations while still benefiting from the culture of an office-based role in a modern work environment.
- Preparing preliminary corporation tax computations for annual financial reporting purposes
- Coordinating the annual corporation tax compliance cycle, liaising with external advisors and internal finance teams
- Managing and coordinating VAT reporting processes, including preparation and submission
- Assisting in the preparation of financial reports and statements
- Assisting in all aspects of the family charity foundation
- Supporting internal and external audits as needed
- Assisting the Finance Manager with management reporting as required
- Analysing the group structure to identify inefficiencies and cost-saving opportunities
- Working on streamlining the group structure by closing down entities that are no longer required
- Facilitating the transfer of assets and liabilities within the group to optimise efficiency and minimise costs
- Qualified Accountant
- Proven experience in corporate tax and VAT reporting
- Strong understanding of tax regulations and laws
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in accounting software and Microsoft Excel
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively
- This is a part-time position, offering flexibility in terms of working hours and days.
- The role is offered on a fixed-term contract basis for 6-9 months, with the potential for extension based on performance and business needs
- Competitive salary
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company pension scheme
MCL is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job