Sustainability Manager - Nutrition & Wellness Division
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition & Wellness:
THG Nutrition & Wellness is home to some of the best loved and most trusted names in wellbeing and nutrition, including Myprotein, the world's largest online sports nutrition brand, its family of brands, Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Activewear and MyPRO, plus Exante Diet.
We want to be the world's most empowering health movement, championing everyone to live healthier, more active lives. Our brands and people exist to break boundaries, to power and empower those who want more. We break conventions, we’re a force for good, and we keep it real. These are the values that drive us through every day.
Everything we do is done in-house, from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, e-commerce, marketing and logistics. This means we’re perfectly positioned to deliver to our vision and keep our place at the top of a fast-moving, global industry.
It's an incredibly exciting time to join the team, and we’re always looking for talented people who share our vision and values to drive our Nutrition & Wellness movement forward.
About the Role
The Sustainability manager role will lead the implementation of THG’s sustainability and net zero strategy providing a bridge between the Central Sustainability team and operational teams in the Division.
Reports to Net Zero Director on subject matter and to divisional CEO on operational issues
- Translate sustainability and net zero commitments into implementation roadmaps;
- Support business unit goals, working with cross-functional stakeholders to shape innovation strategy to align with sustainability commitments;
- Consult on new project development across all brands – advising on product ingredients, packaging format and sustainability claims;
- Communicate sustainability policies to the divisional leadership team and brand managers;
- Provide status updates against sustainability strategy to the leadership team, steering committee and other key stakeholders;
- Establish accountability of operational teams on sustainability and net zero strategies & priorities by Incorporating sustainability & net zero priorities into modus operandi of the division;
- Ensure accuracy of divisional data collection required for carbon accounting, lifecycle analysis and supplier’s engagement on sustainability;
- Support Global & divisional operational teams in their annual sustainability reporting exercise;
- Drive and manage divisional sustainability and net zero initiatives and projects
- Ensure collaboration and coordination across divisions and central functions in delivery of sustainability and net zero strategies;
- Facilitate high level of engagement on topics related to sustainability & net zero among divisional staff;
- Lead a Divisional Sustainability Steering Committee agenda and track actions;
- Provide progress updates on projects/initiatives to the Divisional Leadership Team and Central functions;
- Oversee sustainability related internal and external communication ensuring its compliance with the Sustainability Framework and relevant communication guidelines.
- Proven experience and passion in the Sustainability field
- Experience working with a brand led business
- Experience working with suppliers
- Experience communicating sustainability goals and objectives
- Degree in the field of science, natural resources, environment and/or business.
- Demonstrated advanced skills on Excel and Power Point. Knowledge of Tableau and/or Bi Power is highly desirable.
- Competitive salary
- Hybrid working (Manchester based M90 3RR, 3 days in the office and 2 days WFH)
- Company Bonus Scheme based on company and personal performance
- Company pension scheme
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job