Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist - Nutrition & Wellness
4M, Malage Ave, Manchester Airport, M90 3RR
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG’s Nutrition Manufacturing business is ever-growing and we want you to be a part of it!
Our end-to-end capabilities mean that our customers have a great experience – with quick delivery, fantastic choice and high quality products.
Whether its manufacturing 1 million snack bars a day in the heart of Snowdonia or developing brand new Protein flavours in Stoke-On-Trent… our contribution to the world of Nutrition and Wellness continues to grow.
Our aim is to continue to drive the development of high quality, market-leading products, while introducing new technologies to our manufacturing processes.
With that in mind, our People are at the heart of the business.
Our people are high performers with a keen eye for detail and desire for continuous improvement. Whether its Production Line Operatives or NPD Technologists, Sales Managers or Stock Controllers – each person plays a crucial role in our ability to be the best in the market.
If you want to be a part of the movement, apply below.
Supplier Quality Assurance Technologist:
Reports to: Supplier Quality Manager
The Supplier Quality Assurance department are responsible for approving, managing, and monitoring the performance of the Nutrition Division suppliers and manufacturers throughout the supply chain.
Coordinate and conduct the assessment of all raw material suppliers, packaging suppliers and contract manufacturers, centred on ensuring strict compliance to quality standards and legality to form a robust due diligence defence and business protection
Responsibilities and Duties
· Risk assess and approve new supplier and manufacturing site approvals including managing the performance of these sites
· Review and approve new materials from a food safety and quality perspective
· Audit facilities and processes as appropriate
· Maintain and develop the THG supplier process/database in accordance with food safety, quality, and due diligence requirements
· Maintain, develop and review of VACCP/TACCP risk assessments (including Horizon Scanning)
· Analyse and interpret microbiological results
· Assist the HACCP team and a key contact for all technical related issues
· Ensure and maintain full traceability of all materials used on site
· Provide technical input for all developmental work to ensure all new products are safe, legal, and meet strict quality standards
· Request, review and maintain up to date/accurate specifications and relevant documentation for all raw materials, contract manufactured goods and packaging used at THG encompassing HACCP, legality, process, and quality
· Support multiple cross functional teams in THG
· Maintain effective communication and relationships with suppliers
· Drive improvements in supply base through complaints and NCR reduction
· Analyse, trend and report data
· Maintain development of THG supplier approval and compliance online system
· Carry out internal and external audits in accordance with schedule
· Knowledge or self-motivation to understand raw material process and relevant legislation requirements
· Ensure process and procedural compliance to relevant site certifications
· Assist in relevant site certification audits
· Degree level qualification in Chemistry, Food science, Microbiology, or other relevant scientific discipline
· Previous experience in Supplier Quality Assurance in food manufacturing or food-based industry
· Experience in TACCP and VACCP assessments
· Strong knowledge of HACCP and food safety
· Experience in auditing including internal audits and external supplier audits
· Familiar with Food Safety Regulations
· Competent user of Microsoft Office with proficient computer skills
· Strong attention to detail
· Excellent presentation skills
· Excellent communication skills across all levels within the business
· Self-motivated and enthusiastic
· Strong ability to work to deadlines and prioritise workloads
· Willingness to travel including internationally where required
· Experience within ISO, BRC and FDA audits desirable including the preparation and maintenance of relevant standards
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job