Studio Kit Coordinator - Studios
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About THG Studios:
THG Studios is the creative powerhouse within THG Ingenuity. With over 400 creatives delivering world-class campaigns for brands such as Disney, Campari, MyProtein, Lookfantastic.com, ASDA, Gillette, Nestle, Illamasqua, Coggles and ESPA - we are Europe’s biggest and most impressive creative studio. Spanning across 11.5 acres in the creative heart of the North, Manchester, we are home to 15 specially designed studio spaces, dedicated to video, photography, interiors, social, campaign and even boasting a state of the art food&drink content production facility. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
THG Studios has everything a brand needs to grow and flourish, and with that comes career opportunities across strategy, client services, creative, packaging, production and operations. So, if you’re looking for the next step in your career, live & breathe creative and want to be part of something truly special… there’s a role for you in our studio.
About the Role and Responsibilities:
This role will sit within our Studio Management team while working hand in hand with other departments. This team is responsible for the daily operations of Studios, including space, equipment, and resource. This role will be the centre point of this team as it will span across all 3 pillars and will be a pivotal role as the business scales. We are looking for someone who is eager to understand the daily running of a large-scale studio space. You are proactive, customer service focused, agile and organized.
- Create and manage the booking system used by our video and photography teams, implement improvements, and ensure its accurate
- Extensive knowledge of photography & video kit (lighting / cameras / lenses)
- Responsible for checking in/out kit, and following up/escalating any outstanding kit
- Preparing jobs/projects of all sizes based on a kit list and specification from clients
- Comfortable setting up, rigging, using and troubleshooting a wide variety of photography and video kit (including tripods, flashes, pedestals, cameras, lenses, lights (tungsten and LED), gimbals, microphones, cabling, monitors, grip equipment, etc.)
- Liaise with the production team on kit rental, delivery and POs
- Ability to plan/ resource & anticipate future requirements within the studio
- Design kit packages to cover our BAU and standard shoot requirements
- Checking in returned jobs; assessing items for damage and providing/sending equipment for repairs where needed
- Equipment repairs / maintenance
- Ensure all the aspects of equipment prep/checking in are logged correctly and accurate records kept ensuring continuity
- Ensure kit room is kept organised and tidy, adhering to H&S regulations
- Have a general Interest in kit and technology, advising on new techniques and new equipment on the market
- A proactive attitude to kit consumables – cables, colouramas etc.,
- Will be required to deliver and pick up kit to location productions
- Developing positive relationships with suppliers and negotiating rates
- Control the flow of personnel in/out of the kit room
- Full, clean driving licence
- Meticulous eye for detail
- Would suit a candidate with industry experience
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Onsite/remote Dr and Physio & 24/7 Wellbeing support
- THG Group Discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Tech salary sacrifice scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Learning and Development throughout your career
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job