Sr. Manager, Packaging Lead | Biossance
San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role: Sr. Manager, Packaging Lead
Biossance was born when our scientists invented a skin-identical hydrating molecule—squalane—that’s made from sustainable fermented sugarcane. Creating the world’s most incredible and powerful moisturizer led to creating the world’s most powerful skincare formulas. We use first-of-its kind proprietary fermentation technology to biodesign new, high-performing ingredients. The incredible research and development teams in our labs are leading the way to a healthier planet with our exceptional clean chemistry.
As the Senior Manager Packaging Lead for Biossance, you will be responsible for overseeing the development, procurement and execution of packaging projects.
This role involves collaborating with cross-functional teams, providing technical expertise, managing the packaging team, and ensuring the successful implementation of sustainable packaging solutions.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Packaging experience in the beauty, luxury, or consumer goods industry managing products form ideation to launch.
- Support the ideation, development, feasibility, and implementation of new and improved packages and projects and processes including package design, package engineering, prototype development, engineering specifications, mold qualification, functionality, and quality testing.
- Develop and qualify primary and secondary packaging solutions considering brand aesthetics, consumer use, manufacturing capability, quality, and cost.
- Provide technical guidance and troubleshoot issues related to suppliers, plants, distribution, and quality.
- Collaborate with Marketing, Design, Regulatory, and Product Development on new packaging initiatives, feasibility, and artwork approval.
- Own technical milestones, create package component specifications, and ensure package testing procedures are met.
- Coordinate line trials and support manufacturing startups to ensure proper execution of design and function.
- Support Operations cost savings, efficiency initiatives, quarterly investigations and consolidation efforts towards continuous improvement.
- Drive sustainability initiatives and contribute to organizational development through the implementation of new processes and systems.
- Stay updated on emerging packaging trends, innovation and technologies and share with cross-functional teams quarterly.
- Salary: $115,000 - $125,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K matched up to 5%
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short and long-term disability
- Summer Fridays
- Exclusive employee discounts off THG Brands
- Many more...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job