Sr. Director - Sales Planning, Analytics & Operations | Biossance
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role: Sr. Director - Sales Planning, Analytics & Operations
Biossance was born when our scientists invented a skin-identical hydrating molecule—squalane—that’s made from sustainable fermented sugarcane. Creating the world’s most incredible and powerful moisturizer led to creating the world’s most powerful skincare formulas. We use first-of-its kind proprietary fermentation technology to biodesign new, high-performing ingredients. The incredible research and development teams in our labs are leading the way to a healthier planet with our exceptional clean chemistry.
The Sr. Director of Planning, Operations and Analytics is a critical and strategic role that will lead all functions of sales and demand planning, sales operations and analytics for Biossance. This role will be directly responsible for leading planning, overall S&OP process, monthly forecasting, retailer operations, item management, business analytics, sample management, and more.
This leader will partner with other cross-functional leaders within the THG organization and across Biossance to ensure systems and processes are in place to achieve successful and sustainable sales growth, while providing leadership and guidance to the rest of the team. The ideal candidate is a team player with a strategic and “hands on” approach to the management of the business and has working experience in planning and operations globally. This position requires a solution-based leader who can react quickly and with due consideration to sales opportunities and work to solve customer needs.
This role reports directly to the President – Biossance.
Global Sales and Demand Planning & Revenue Forecasting:
- Own annual and quarterly planning and reporting across all key channels of the business: e-commerce, retail sales, and international regions in partnership with FP&A
- Lead the monthly forecasting process and coordinating across all global sales channels to hold them accountable for accurate and timely forecasting, including international
- Drive and own forecast global process by applying multiple accuracy measurements as an indicator of performance. Own hind-sighting and recapping learnings with all channels to drive positive and immediate change
- Partner the senior leaders across finance, channel planning, operations, sales, and logistics together to align on annual milestone calendar for key deliverables to ensure timely delivery to achieve revenue/budget
Global OPEX and S&OP Process:
- Own the Brand OPEX forecasting across all cost centers and reconciling with finance monthly
- Hold the brand channel leads accountable to their budgets each month to ensure we do not exceed OPEX to ensure profitability
- Own and drive S&OP process. Ensure meetings are action-oriented to maximize revenue while meeting both financial and operational targets by Operations and Inventory teams
- Manage P&L accuracy – monitoring and recording business revenue and spending, partnering with brand channel leads to ensure EPITDA target delivery
Global Retail & Distributor Relations:
- Oversee all Global Retailer Operations including creating and implementing successful process, structure, and systems to guarantee retailer success
- This role will be responsible for managing the team that executes the following:
- Partnering with Finance and Digital teams on internal new customer setup
- Managing all global retailer and distributor portals
- Completing all retailer required new vendor and new item setup forms
- Acting as liaison between THG Ops team and Biossance team
- Understanding and avoiding out of stocks while also communicating to sales team and/or directly to retailers if they do come up
- Monitor incoming PO’s and communicate any issues to THG, sales team and/or directly to retailers
- Monitoring retailer scorecards on brand performance for in-stocks, on-time shipping, and fill rates to ensure THG is best in class and exceeding retailer expectations
- Supporting global sales teams with ad hoc retailer requests
Analytics, Systems & Processes:
- Lead identifying and onboarding proper THG retail/sales platforms to automate reporting for all channels. This will create overall efficiency for the team and allow easy access for ad hoc reporting needs
- Advance reporting and analytics via systems & technology implementation, automation and standardization. Optimize data across departments to ensure data integrity across all levels
- Develop and implement strategies in partnership with key stakeholders that enhance results and operational effectiveness
- Partner with DTC and B2B leads to publish consistent, simplified reporting on the business including both weekly and monthly globally
Team Management and Leadership:
- Build, lead, and retain a highly effective team of planning and analytics individual contributors and leaders
- Identify and define team goals and metrics and drive towards brand success
- Establish foundation for the future by being a champion for best-in-class coaching/training
- Promote and cultivate an open, collaborative, and results-oriented environment with a strong commitment to customer service
- Salary: $210,000 - $225,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K matched up to 5%
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short and long-term disability
- Summer Fridays
- Exclusive employee discounts off THG Brands
- Many more...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job