Sr. Director, Global Marketing | Biossance
San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role: Sr. Director, Global Marketing
Biossance was born when our scientists invented a skin-identical hydrating molecule—squalane—that’s made from sustainable fermented sugarcane. Creating the world’s most incredible and powerful moisturizer led to creating the world’s most powerful skincare formulas. We use first-of-its kind proprietary fermentation technology to biodesign new, high-performing ingredients. The incredible research and development teams in our labs are leading the way to a healthier planet with our exceptional clean chemistry.
The Biossance team is looking for a strategic, solutions-oriented, and globally consumer-centric Senior Director, Global Marketing to join the Brand Marketing team.
This role will be responsible for guiding and executing all business critical marketing efforts — ranging from strategy and brand storytelling to digital and retail experiences — with the goal of driving increased awareness, brand affinity, sales and customer response within owned channels and key retail partners, including Sephora. The ideal candidate is an expert in integrated brand marketing with a proven track record managing 360 go-to-market plans, and able to proactively deliver on growth opportunities while suggesting data-backed ways to achieve them. Must be able to hit the ground running, have excellent partner management and communication skills, a keen understanding of content marketing in today’s landscape, ability to lead highly cross-functional campaigns, and diverse marketing experience including events and experiential. This role will report into the VP of Content + Community.
- Drive brand marketing strategy for our key business focuses — strengthening Biossance’s brand DNA and driving a sustainable, mission-driven consumer brand, new product launches, always-on core business, and brand equity campaigns — with measurable returns
- Manage the marketing budget, supporting key business KPIs, ranging from DTC sales to social media engagement aimed at optimized performance
- Seamlessly build and maintain existing and new relationships with business-critical talent, including A-list celebrities, mega, macro, and micro influencers who drive awareness, consideration, and conversion
- Lead best-in-class partnerships with Biossance’s marketing and merchant counterparts at Sephora, serving as day-to-day contact to drive quantifiable impact that improves Biossance’s performance, by way of sales, marketing exposure, brand rank, and strengthened relationships with key Sephora team
- Lead and own best-in-class partnerships with Global PR agencies, marketing agencies, etc. to build innovative ideas in conjunction with our global partners
- Develop and execute disruptive and impactful campaigns — from briefing to launch — for Biossance to lead in experiential marketing and events with a brand and retail focus, including pop-ups, consumer sampling, influencer + press activations, collaborations with Sephora, etc.
- Report on all retail focused campaigns, activations, and performance, creating post-mortem recaps and bi-monthly reports; develop strategy using data to guide brand investments and own the tools/platforms needed to measure success and ROI
- Forecast and oversee global sampling strategy, partnering with sales, operations and global partners, identifying opportunities to effectively drive new client acquisition, trial, and conversion
- Serve as the point of contact for internal international retail leads, guiding strategy for global retail marketing
- 10+ years experience in marketing, preferably in beauty and/or retail
- Thrives in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment without losing sight of the customer experience
- Excellent presentation capabilities, including decks, visuals, verbal and written communication
- Ability to quickly pull together and analyze data to share strategic recommendation
- Experience developing and managing a budget
- Highly organized, with ability to project manage and execute large campaigns/projects from start to finish
- Deep knowledge and expertise of eventing and experiential marketing - including pop ups, store events, and live shopping/virtual
- Ability to brief & guide creative in an effective way with both internal and external teams
- Excitement for skincare & beauty industry
- Strategic thinker with the ability to clearly communicate a vision
- Driven by innovative, creative thinking that drives industry leadership
- Experience working with highly cross functional teams
- Salary: $180,000 - $215,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K matched up to 5%
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short and long-term disability
- Summer Fridays
- Exclusive employee discounts off THG Brands
- Many more...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job