Spa Operations Manager - ASIA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Spa Operations Manager
Reporting to: Vice President of Spa Operations APAC.
Purpose of Role: To effectively manage a portfolio of spas within the Spa Division. This will include involvement from the initial feasibility and financial stages to the pre-opening stages and will support the ongoing development of each spa project whilst maximising all opportunities and resources. To ensure that the highest standards are adhered to, and that guest experience exceeds expectation. To work closely with the Hotel General Manager and Spa Director in establishing and maintaining key objectives, operating criteria, programming, budgeting, staff relations, marketing, and training.
- To assume responsibility for the overall performance of each Spa appointed to you within the ESPA Portfolio. Constantly identify and focus on critical areas in line with achieving the overall objectives of the role.
- Develop a clear understanding of each Spa, covering financial, marketing, personnel and training and general operations to establish the business. This will include the:
- aims and individual objectives of the hotel.
- local and cultural characteristics of the area
- demographics of the international guests
- training needs of the Spa team to deliver the highest of five-star standards.
- To interact with key personnel at each hotel to ensure the Spa receives profile, action and focus as required.
- To provide leadership, direction, and support to the employees at the Spa to develop a highly motivated team, who can deliver high standards of service in all areas of the business.
- To monitor standards of performance and guest satisfaction including the introduction of measures to ensure the highest standards of quality and service are adhered to.
- To establish and maintain standards of operation, ensuring that ESPA branding is strongly and appropriately represented, whilst protecting the brand, pricing, and status at all times.
- To work as a team player within the Spa Division, assisting on a variety of projects in different phases of their development, as needs arise.
- To support the company induction programme by allowing new staff to shadow as required.
- To ensure that all company expenses and expenditure is agreed and presented for approval monthly.
- To manage spas on site with hands-on support during regular visits, guiding the Spa Manager, developing the team, implementing new initiatives, and liaising with all key hotel representatives. Continue to manage each Spa remotely through regular communication.
- Learn, conduct, and adhere to all ESPA management systems, including mystery shopping, auditing, marketing plans, annual business reviews and action plans.
- Ensure the guest’s Spa experience remains at the highest ESPA standard by consistently checking and auditing all areas of the customer journey.
- Ensure that each Spa is operated to the agreed standards of performance in line with the ESPA brand, to include adherence with statutory Hotel Health and Safety guidelines.
- Develop and monitor the success of wellbeing programmes to meet the lifestyle aspirations of the Spa guests and members, including development of the Spa fitness team.
- Best endeavours to be used to assist the Spa in achieving budget in all revenue streams and department contribution and retention strategies.
- Monitor and analyse Spa membership system, sales systems, to assist the Spa in achieving membership budgets.
- Liaise closely with General Managers and Hotel Department Heads to align the Spas with the Hotels strategic goals and maximise synergy and internal opportunities for all sales and service.
- Liaise closely with the ESPA’s Pre-Opening team to guide the smooth transition from Pre-Opening to “Live” Operations.
- To proactively assist in communication with ESPA offices to help share best practice, keep remote teams involved and strengthen knowledge-sharing.
BUSINESS & FINANCE
- To analyse the business through many different key performance indicators, Profit and Loss figures and statistics and use this information to identify key focus areas.
- Create and prepare Financial Projections for each Spa within your portfolio.
- Learn and utilise Spa software systems to manage efficiencies and analyse the business.
- Conduct a Business Review on the overall performance of the Spa, providing strategic guidance to develop the business. Present the review to the Hotel and Spa Management Teams.
- Focus on ESPA Professional and Retail Sales to achieve sales targets.
- Manage the accounts financial standing with ESPA through the control of any outstanding invoices & aged debt.
- To keep updated with company information e.g., marketing new products, display aids and ensure that the information is presented and implemented in your Spas.
- To liaise with the Hotel Sales and Marketing Manager of each hotel to prepare and develop annual marketing plans and coordinate all promotional activity.
- To effectively integrate the Spa within the Hotel Marketing Strategy and to ensure ongoing representation of the Spa, both internally and externally,
- To use the Spa as a tool to drive hotel occupancy and total property utilisation.
- To fully merchandise the Brand ensuring only current merchandising tools are used. To ensure that ESPA branded POS materials produced by the accounts are approved by the ESPA Marketing Department.
- Creation of the Spa’s Brand image, to include identity, product offering, philosophy and collateral.
- To implement internal, external and press-driven marketing initiatives within individual Spas to reflect their needs ensuring adherence to individual hotel and group brand guidelines.
- Support the development of membership strategies to attract new and existing members.
- Assist in the selection process for all Key Spa Personnel.
- Be the final decision maker on selection of primary candidate for Senior Spa Roles.
- Conduct trade tests to assist in therapist recruitment.
- To be the liaison and communicator between ESPA People and each Spa to ensure seamless recruitment support.
- To develop an annual training and development plan with each Spa. Liaise with the Hotels HR Department and ESPA Training Division to ensure that all employees are trained to increase retention and meet the needs of the business.
- To deliver exceptional training of products and Retail Therapy to the standards specified by ESPA when required.
- To ensure that all accounts are committed to providing their staff with the necessary level of training to allow delivery of ESPA treatments and that no unqualified therapists are carrying out these treatments.
- To become familiar with all ESPA treatments to conduct regular trade tests on Spa therapists.
- To keep updated on any new ESPA treatment techniques or changes to procedures.
- To keep updated with affiliated industry developments; whenever possible taking treatments, reading literature to expand knowledge and be able to discuss this and evolve training.
- To evolve the treatment menu in line with consumer demand, popularity of treatment, cultural influences and changing times.
- Participate in teaching modules within the ESPA brand, both internally and in developing Spa personnel
- Assist in special projects such as the smooth running of key internal systems to include department billing, forecasting, time sheets, CRM and development of reports and the planning and implementation of the monthly spa operations meetings to keep them fresh and challenging for the team.
Key Interfaces -
- General Manger
- Head of Sales U.K/International
- Head of Operations/Design
- Business Management Team and Spa Operational Team
- Spa General Managers/Directors/Owners
- Industry Experts
- Brand and Marketing Teams
- Brand Assistant
- Training Team
- NPD team
- Supply Chain
- Finance/Purchase Ledger
- Buying Team
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job