Solutions Consultant - Tech / Ecommerce
Manchester (Hybrid / Remote)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our machine learning capabilities and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
As part of our hyper growth we seek to hire and develop well-rounded, commercially astute, ambitious people that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and drive us forward.
As a member of the Solutions Consultant team, you will at the forefront of the business representing Tech and be the expert on THG’s end-to-end ecommerce offering with specialisation in your own category area working with the senior lead. Categories include areas such as:
- Fashion & Lux
- Food, Beverage & Nutrition
- On Demand & Specialist
You would talk to THG’s clients and to listen to their asks and convert them into platform requirements. You should be an expert in distinguishing needs from wants, while handling senior client stakeholders. Once you understand the needs, you should be able to either advise on how to best utilize THG’s capabilities or work with the Product Management team to ideate a new feature/product for the existing platform. While you won’t own a roadmap of your own you will be the ‘voice of the customer’ for the platform roadmap.
What you'll do:
- Work with internal stakeholders & clients to help them to use platform features effectively and enable them to gain the best value from it
- Work with the Product Squads (Product Managers, UX researchers & designers, engineers, etc.) to contribute to the product vision and the evolving product positioning, as the platform expands as well as helping to identify common category & client problems
- Understand the company's strategy
- Develop a functional understanding of the end-to-end ecommerce platform and a deep expertise on your platform area, such that you should be the go-to person for any potential enhancements
- Be the technology expert during discovery phases with clients; ask the questions of clients' technology stakeholders to understand their use of technology, systems, processes, capabilities and constraints
- Strategically assess client requirements and convert them into ways to enhance existing functionality and ensure features build aims to improve overall platform
- Work with the wider team to develop repeatable and scalable processes to improve ways of working both internally and externally
- Produce requirements and process documentation to required standards
- ...are a problem solver with a bias towards action
- ...are curious and inquisitive
- ...have excellent interpersonal skills and boundless empathy for your users, your teammates, and your stakeholders
- …have built consensus in complex scenarios with various internal and external stakeholders
- …thrive in an a very fast-paced environment and can deal with ambiguity
- ...are an advocate for your users, your product, and the business
- … have the talent for finding the most important problem amongst a pile of issues
- ...elevate those around you and lead by influence and inspiration
- 1-4 years of client-facing consultancy, product management experience, or equivalent experience with transferable skills
- Experience in e-commerce industry is preferred but not required
- Experience working with cross-industry clients is preferred
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (designers/engineers/data scientists/sales/marketing)
- Balance of ‘technical + business’ knowledge. You should be able to translate technical language into business language and vice-versa
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary in a growth inducive environment
- Work with teams to build solutions using the latest technology
- Work with reputed THG clients across industries and geographies
- Work alongside genuine industry/domain experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job