Software Engineer - Wordpress
London, United Kingdom (hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
The Ingenuity Tech Services division is responsible for the end-to-end operation, development, and management of multiple distinct estates - from corporate sites, native mobile apps, eco & experiential initiatives, breaking news to traditional ecommerce or classifieds.
Working specifically in the City AM team, you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of London’s most-read financial and business newspaper and influence millions unique visitors on a monthly basis.
We are looking for a WordPress Engineer to join a growing team of engineers and support the delivery of a digital first newspaper platform. Working predominantly in a WordPress environment, you should feel at home innovating to help design and develop new features, optimise existing platform offerings, and produce engaging user experiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to discuss design and functional requirements.
- Stay up to date with industry best practices, WordPress community news and security bulletins.
- Work with the Senior Engineer to develop a stable and performant platform.
- Conduct WordPress training, test functionality & help troubleshoot any issues.
- Previous experience in WordPress development.
- Foundation knowledge in PHP & front-end technologies.
- Familiarity with best practices for web such as SEO, responsive design, UX and WCAG. (accessibility)
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to diagnose and resolve issues in a real-world environment.
- Experience of distributed version control systems (e.g. Git) and familiarity with modern development workflows.
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site or virtual doctor
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job