Software Engineer - Voyager
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person, to make an impact and drive their own work.
Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology is world class.
This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
What will I be doing?
The Voyager Warehouse Management team is an established team that owns the software that empowers THG warehouses around the globe. Our team works closely with the business as well as Data Science teams to innovate software for integrated warehouse management.
Working on both greenfield projects as well as warehouse optimisations, the Voyager engineering team use the latest, best-in-breed tools and technologies to develop, build, deploy and host the software.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a small engineering team to build, maintain, improve, and innovate for the Voyager WMS team.
The engineering team have the remit and ownership of the Warehouse Management System but will also contribute to the wider Logistics technology products. Each team will be responsible for the planning, estimation and execution of software improvements and innovation. The engineers are responsible for the full stack of technology used to deliver the Warehouse Management software and will work closely with other engineering teams, business stakeholders, project, and support teams.
- Experience with Java and micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and tools (e.g., Git, JIRA).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, agile practices, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Strong knowledge of backend development frameworks, APIs, backend development principles, architecture, and design patterns.
- Experience deploying and managing applications in a cloud environment along with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Experience with SQL databases such as Cockroach DB, MSSQL, PostgreSQL
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (from Jan 2024)
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance program
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job