Software Engineer - Order Fulfilment
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make an impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
What will I be doing?
We are seeking a motivated Software Engineer to be part of our Order Management and/or Fulfilment team. You will be responsible for designing, developing, maintaining, testing and deploying a suite of services that drive the order management and fulfilment journey.
The services are responsible for processing, managing and allocating orders for shipment. As a software engineer you will have to be innovative and dynamic in your approach to software development. You will also be involved in infrastructure enhancements, performance optimization and application security.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to more junior members of the team, ensuring the adoption of best practices, efficient development processes, and effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Be hands-on with backend development tasks and actively participate in coding, testing, and debugging activities. Develop scalable, reliable, and efficient backend systems, adhering to industry best practices and coding standards.
- Contribute to the technological direction of the platform and quality of life of the team that you’re a part of while staying up to date with the latest backend technologies, frameworks, and industry trends.
- Experience with Java and micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and tools (e.g., Git, JIRA).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, agile practices, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Extensive knowledge of backend development frameworks, APIs, backend development principles, architecture, and design patterns.
- Good knowledge of relational databases, such as MS SQL Server.
- DevOps (Kubernetes, Docker, etc).
- Experience in queuing mechanisms, such as ActiveMQ and Apache Camel.
- Monitoring and logging tools, such as Kibana and Grafana.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (from Jan 2024)
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job