Shift Engineer - Food Manufacturing
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
The Engineering team works 24 x 7 to maintain the assets in fulfilment and Manufacturing so that these divisions can continue to operate as efficiently as possible.
Your objective, through modern maintenance systems, will be to maintain business as usual for the plant operations, to continuously improve availability/reliability of the equipment and to ensure we manufacture/dispatch quality products safely.
The shift engineer will provide a technical support resource to the Fulfilment/Manufacturing operation, delivering optimum asset reliability and performance through an effective asset maintenance and Continuous Improvement approach.
You will have a good understanding of modern maintenance techniques as well as good working operational knowledge of a Fulfilment/manufacturing site. You should also be capable of ensuring a quick and effective reaction to daily business needs as they are presented.
- Technical support resource for maintenance across plant to ensure a safe, timely and effective close out of live plant issues.
- Proactive fault prevention and continuous improvement activities to deliver key maintenance KPIs
- Work on and assist with developing the Plant PPM program, while using your RCA skills in response to Reactive tasks, to move the department towards a predictive Maintenance culture.
- Complete root cause analysis reports on major engineering stoppages across site.
- Support the close out of health and safety, Quality and CI actions lists.
- Reliability focused using modern techniques such as TPM, RCA, RCM and FMEA.
- Coaching and supporting operators to develop their skills on assets across site.
- Provide support for project activity and change initiatives as appropriate.
- Ensure that operation and maintenance complies with design specifications and contractual arrangements.
- Maintain accurate records of tasks completed / in progress using the departments CMMS system.
- Work in a methodical fashion to maintain Food safety standards and traceability of engineering activities.
- Work closely with departments to identify and drive Continuous Improvement opportunities.
- Minimum 3 years hands on electrical engineering experience in a FMCG process environment
- ONC / equivalent qualifications, Electrically biased with Mechanical skills
- 17th / 18th edition desirable
- Experience of PLC servo drive diagnostic techniques.
- Good Knowledge of electrical/electronic/mechanical and pneumatic controls
- Positive approach to plant reliability and continuous improvement activities
- High Level of H+S Awareness
- Results Focused, You will continually strive for improvements both in the process and personally
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job