Senior Technical Architect
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our ML capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
What will I be doing?
Our Architecture team is growing and we need several more people to join from up to senior level to help expand the team. Our team works across all aspects of technology our Retail, Hosting, Cloud and Web Services group as well as internal corporate systems. The systems and platform we help design are essential to our customers and the core of our business. As an Architect you will be responsible and involved in the design of new systems, the redesign of existing ones and the improvement of all to multiply the output of the engineering teams. Bringing together technologies, you will work with people from every part of tech and business goals.
Architecture duties include:
- Design software and engineering systems and applications taking into account functional and non-functional requirements
- Develop architecture and design specifications for software systems at high-level and low-level detail as well as API/interface and data models
- Evaluate and recommend technologies, tools and frameworks for software and engineering systems that ensure the software architecture is scalable, flexible, maintainable and meets business goals
- Providing technical guidance, architectural direction, and mentoring technical team as well as reviewing code, pipelines, deployments and environments to ensure standards and best practices are being maintained.
What would success in this role look like?
The role is varied and requires someone interested in a range of areas to push the limits of what we can do with our systems. As such, success can look like many things: better scalability, faster cycle times, increased observability, reduced effort, cost savings, more modular code, cutting edge security and the list goes on. Making our systems best in class by showing the direction and intermediate steps to get there.
What skills and experience would I need?
- An understanding of micro-service architecture, databases, programming and cloud architecture
- Understand scalable systems, APIs, composable and decoupled systems with the ability to pick up domain knowledge quickly
- Experience in other software architecture roles and the ability to do and prototype along with engineering teams
- Cloud native technologies including Kubernetes as well as monitoring, access, networking, IAM and security systems
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Ability to liaise between development and infrastructure teams, working closely with these teams to ensure that decisions meet feature, time, security, SLA and performance needs
- Have a talent for finding the critical problems amongst a number of issues or comments
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment perhaps with experience leading and delivering projects
What's in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor, physio
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job