Senior Strategist - THG Studios
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About THG Studios:
THG Studios is the creative powerhouse within THG Ingenuity. With over 400 creatives delivering world-class campaigns for brands such as Disney, Campari, MyProtein, Lookfantastic.com, ASDA, Gillette, Nestle, Illamasqua, Coggles and ESPA - we are Europe’s biggest and most impressive creative studio. Spanning across 11.5 acres in the creative heart of the North, Manchester, we are home to 15 specially designed studio spaces, dedicated to video, photography, interiors, social, campaign and even boasting a state of the art food&drink content production facility. And that’s just the tip of the iceberg!
THG Studios has everything a brand needs to grow and flourish, and with that comes career opportunities across strategy, client services, creative, packaging, production and operations. So, if you’re looking for the next step in your career, live & breathe creative and want to be part of something truly special… there’s a role for you in our studio.
About the role:
THG Studios is growing its strategic capability so we have a rare and exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Strategist to join our team
You would become an integral part of a central strategy team that works closely with Creative Directors and creative teams to develop campaign briefs and brand strategies for our clients.
This is a really exciting role where you would have the freedom to use strategy, ingenuity and insight to help deliver great creative and amazing brands. Working with multiple global brands across health, wellness, beauty and luxury markets.
So, if developing the brand strategy for a global make-up brand or devising a campaign brief that inspires creative for the world's largest sports nutrition brand sounds like the sort of challenge you want, come join us.
Key skills required:
- Able to scope out how to address a client challenge with a strategic approach
- Use insight and research to identify solutions to problems
- Experienced in developing creative briefs and propositions that will inspire great creative
- Understand the role of different channels and how to deliver creative that is optimised for channel
- Confident in reviewing and critiquing creative output to elevate it
- Capable of developing brand strategies and propositions
- Confident in engaging with clients and being able to
- Interrogate a brief to get to the heart of the challenge
- Challenge clients to ensure we are creating great brands and creative
- Experienced in collaborating with client to define the right solution
Key behaviours required:
- Self starter – capable of being able to work independently and confidently own a project
- Collaborative – works well in teams and is skilled in collaborating to identify the best solution
- Solutions focussed - looks at problems and uses ingenuity to identify possible solutions
- Loves brands – someone who really believes in the power of brand thinking
- Resilience - to work across a number of projects and balance a work load
- Seeks simplicity – looks to not over complicate but seeks simplicity in the solution
Nice to haves (but not essential):
- Digital first thinking – well versed and comfortable with understanding how strategies play out across digital as well as traditional channels
- Exceptional written and verbal skills – being able to articulate your point simply and persuasively
- Lateral thinker – is able to think in different ways to find the less obvious answer
- Commercial awareness- understands the needs to balance business and creative needs
- B2C experience – experience in working with B2C brands especially within beauty, health and wellness.
- Competitive salary
- Bonus scheme
- Onsite/remote Dr and Physio & 24/7 Wellbeing support.
- THG Group Discounts
- Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- Tech salary sacrifice scheme
- Bike to work scheme
- Learning and Development throughout your career
- Agile Working
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job