Senior Software Engineer - Wordpress
Manchester, United Kingdom (hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
The Ingenuity Tech Services division is responsible for the end-to-end operation, development, and management of multiple distinct estates - from corporate sites, native mobile apps, eco & experiential initiatives, breaking news to traditional ecommerce or classifieds.
Working specifically in the City AM team, you will have the opportunity to be at the heart of London’s most-read financial and business newspaper and influence millions unique visitors on a monthly basis.
We are looking for a Senior WordPress Engineer to become the driving force behind a growing team of engineers and lead the delivery of a digital first newspaper platform. Working predominantly in a WordPress environment, you should feel at home innovating to help design and develop new features, optimise existing platform offerings, and produce engaging user experiences.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to discuss design and functional requirements.
- Lead and drive the development and implementation of best practices, processes, and standards.
- Share your knowledge within a democratic team of experts to achieve optimal solutions.
- Foster a culture that encourages the growth of a highly performant team.
- Proven experience developing a highly performant WordPress platform at scale.
- Extensive experience in PHP & front-end technologies.
- Detailed understanding of WordPress development, including deployment pipelines, custom plugin development, platform architecture & content syndication.
- Strong focus on real-world user experience metrics including Lighthouse, Core Web Vitals and conversion optimisation.
- Demonstrable leadership and coaching skills, able to manage the delivery of complex projects and features across a team.
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site or virtual doctor
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job