Senior Software Engineer - Payments
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative team.
Working within the Payment team offers a wide scope of projects. We use a range of different software technologies for our projects including Java, Spring, MSSQL, Cockroach, Couchbase.
The work is a healthy blend of developing infrastructure enhancements, integrating new features to the applications, performance optimisation and application security, with everyone playing their part.
To ensure that the software we develop is of a high quality we use a range of techniques including unit, integration and system testing and peer code review.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to more junior members of the team, ensuring the adoption of best practices, efficient development processes, and effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Be hands-on with backend development tasks and actively participate in coding, testing, and debugging activities. Develop scalable, reliable, and efficient backend systems, adhering to industry best practices and coding standards.
- Strong Communication and Collaboration skills are critical in order to present your ideas and designs to both technical and non-technical collaborators.
- As a Senior Engineer you will be relied on to contribute to the technological direction of the platform and quality of life of the team that you’re a part of.
- Knowledge of Java micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and experience deploying and managing applications in a cloud environment along with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Extensive knowledge of backend development frameworks, APIs, backend development principles, architecture, and design patterns.
- Proficient in database management systems (e.g., SQL, NoSQL) and experience with data modelling and optimization
- A solid understanding of payment processing landscape such as payment gateway, payment processer and payment wallet.
- Bonus and pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site or virtual doctor
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job