Senior Software Engineer - Ingenuity Site Automation
Manchester (Hybrid / Remote)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work. Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms to our hosting services, to our M.L capability and beyond, is world
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Engineer in one of the core engineering teams, you will be responsible for the overall design, development and delivery of new automation products and services for the Customer ExperiencePlatform. Bringing together technologies, you will work both independently and as part of a team to provide highly available services critical to the business using your well-rounded technical skillset. Your main duties will consist of the following:
· Writing high-quality, scalable code including test suites
· Automating business and developer processes
· Building quality, business driven solutions for our internal teams
· Leading the technical direction of your team
· Mentoring and driving best practise through iterative feedback and coaching
· Solve issues with mission critical internal services
· Collaborate with the team, product owners and stakeholders to deliver key projects
What are we looking for?
· Previous experience working in a Senior Engineer Role
· Previous experience working in a Back End Role
· Previous commercial experience with Java
· A solid understanding and demonstrable experience of OOP principles
· Demonstrable knowledge of relational databases (SQL/SQL Server)
· Demonstrable experience of building and designing REST API’s
· Demonstrable experience of problem-solving technical challenges with simple, effective solutions
· A strong understanding of Micro Service Architecture
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, agile work environment
· The ability to work autonomously as well as an integral part of a highly motivated team
· The ability to perform well in a fast-paced environment
What is in it for me?
· Competitive salary
· Build solutions using the latest technology
· Work alongside genuine industry experts
· Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
· Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
· On-site doctor, physio,
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job