Senior Software Engineer - Checkout
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
What will I be doing?
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Senior Software Engineer to join our dynamic and innovative team. We use a range of different software technologies for our projects including Java, Spring, MSSQL, Cockroach, Couchbase.
The role provides a wide range of projects using cutting edge technology for developing infrastructure enhancements, integrating new features to the applications, performance optimisation and application security, with everyone playing their part.
- Provide technical guidance and direction to more junior members of the team, ensuring the adoption of best practices, efficient development processes, and effective troubleshooting techniques.
- Be hands-on with backend development tasks and actively participate in coding, testing, and debugging activities. Develop scalable, reliable, and efficient backend systems, adhering to industry best practices and coding standards.
- Contribute to the technological direction of the platform and quality of life of the team that you’re a part of while staying up to date with the latest backend technologies, frameworks, and industry trends.
- Coach and co-ordinate team members to ensure effective development of the project. Take accountability for the quality, security and performance of the software being delivered.
- Experience with Java and micro-service frameworks, such as Spring Boot.
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies (e.g., Agile, Scrum) and tools (e.g., Git, JIRA).
- Knowledge of software development methodologies, agile practices, and continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) processes.
- Extensive knowledge of backend development frameworks, APIs, backend development principles, architecture, and design patterns.
- Familiarity with cloud platforms (e.g., AWS, Azure, GCP) and experience deploying and managing applications in a cloud environment along with containerization technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes).
- Pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay
- Continuous development through our in-house L&D team
- Work with cutting edge technology
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site or virtual doctor
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job