Senior Project Manager - Technology / eCommerce Platform
Manchester (remote / hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work.
Our people are always learning, and we work every day to ensure our technology, from our software platforms, to our hosting services, to our ML capability and beyond, is world class. This enables us to keep powering THG and our partners on a global scale.
- Deliver projects ensuring objectives are fulfilled to quality from the initial stages, through to the delivery of the project.
- Develop, maintain and execute project and programme plans.
- Work to project delivery governance standards and contribute towards establishing programme governance for our key client programmes of work.
- Consult with internal and client stakeholders to ensure dependencies are collated, quality checked and received in a timely manner.
- Collaboratively engage, lead and motivate the project team, helping to optimise ways of working to drive successful outcomes.
- Liaise with stakeholders to ensure requirements are considered, prioritised and executed as per scope.
- Manage stakeholder expectations (including third-parties as required), ensuring clear and concise communication.
- Ensure risks, issues, actions, change requests, decisions and dependencies are identifies, communicated and managed effectively both at project and programme level.
- Report on project and programme status/progress in line with governance framework.
- Ensure all projects are resourced, planned and controlled correctly.
- Deal directly with technical functions including architecture, software development, test, release management, database, network, platform and IT operations.
- Manage multiple medium and large software projects and programmes through the full lifecycle.
- Balance priorities whilst working towards deadlines.
- Plan robust closure, cutover and handover to BAU and Account Management, including proactive retrospectives and capture of lessons learned.
- Proactively contribute to the enhancement of the team operating model, including tools, processes and practices.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to more junior members of the team.
- Demonstrable experience as a technical delivery, project or programme manager across the full project lifecycle, including experience in managing multiple parallel projects.
- Track record in managing and delivering data-rich technical projects to external clients.
- Extensive experience in project management practices and principles, including plan development, project controls and practices.
- Strong experience working with multiple project management methodologies including Waterfall and Agile methods.
- Advanced project management skills and training.
- Developing fully resourced project schedules and securing adequate and timely resource.
- Able to read, understand and challenge technical scoping documentation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong influencing and negotiation skills.
- Experience of building working relationships, and managing internal and external stakeholders.
- Understand systems integration, test and acceptance.
- Working within a large IT function specialising in the delivery and management of complex projects.
- Knowledge of platform product management principles and ways of working.
- Experience of Kanban/Scrum
- Qualifications in Project Management (PRINCE2 / Agile / APM)
- Experience line managing, mentoring and coaching of other project managers.
What’s in it for you
- Competitive Salary
- You’ll be joining a growing, intelligent team that will drive business change
- You’ll have the opportunity to make an impact within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job