Senior PR Manager - Nutrition
PR / Comms
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition is one of the world’s leading players in online sports and nutrition retail. Our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to the world’s largest online sports nutrition brand Myprotein, including its family of brands Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Clothing and Myprotein Pro, as well as Exante. All are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide.
With everything from manufacture and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, THG Nutrition is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry. We also partner with a network of more than 19,000 influencers to ensure brands can reach their audience, anywhere in the world.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
- Taking the lead in brand PR strategies and heavily involved in larger brand marketing plans (from inception), always considering long-term and short-term goals for each brand
- Forge relationships and meet regularly with internal teams and represent the PR team at internal meetings
- Leading a team to provide an outstanding level of service for your brands, including frequent meetings and excellent relationships with senior brand leaders
- Hands-on media relations, and supporting the larger PR team with their outreach
- Management of planning, budgets and execution of projects such as press and launch events, press mailers and sample sends
- Use developed skills to push brand focuses strategically and creatively and work with other parts of the wider business to develop PR opportunities
- Ensure robust procedures in place for approvals, issue resolution, crisis management and escalation
- Create and implement press-worthy international and regional media campaigns that lead to tangible results in the form of media coverage across target publications
- Lead the PR campaign for the launch of new products and services, ensuring all coverage is consistent and on-message
- Manage content creation for key communication vehicles, including news releases, media pitches, media responses, messaging documents and award submissions.
- Lead press release writing, delegating releases to other members of your team where needed, and proof-reading all releases for your brands before they are sent
- Frequent proactive pitching story ideas to journalists by email or in person
- Manage direct reports, including conducting monthly 1-1s and quarterly reviews
- Understanding the SEO strategy to maximise all opportunities
- Strong understanding of media value - coverage, traffic, brand association – and proven results
- Overseeing quarterly reporting
- 5+ years' experience in a PR or communications role
- Track record of successfully leading a team
- Strong consumer PR experience, including project management and event management
- Experience in designing and executing successful PR and marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing budgets, projects, timelines and schedules
- Excellent knowledge of the UK Press and strong relationships within the industry at senior level
- Exceptional brand and media facing ability and strong communication skills
- The ability to plan and strategise at a senior level
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job