Senior Payroll Advisor
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Role
This is an exciting and challenging role where you will be responsible for a wide range of activities. You will be working in a team processing a high-volume payrolls from start to finish. Previous experience in processing a high-volume payroll and carrying out manual calculations is essential.
- Processing various pay frequency payrolls in accordance with overtime and absence policies for over 7000 UK employees.
- Processing start to finish payroll including starters and leavers, statutory payments and deductions including SMP, SSP, SPP and SAP, Auto Enrolment.
- Keep up to date with legislative, regulatory requirements and ensure they are met
- Manage month and year end activities
- Responsible for P60 production, PAYE Settlement agreements, Pension reporting
- Develop and maintain payroll processes and procedures to drive efficiency
- Auditing of all changes to the payroll/HR system.
- Carry out manual calculations of pay and can explain to employees their payslip in detail. You must have excellent communication skills as you will be dealing with queries via email and telephone.
- Assist with the Develop and maintain key policies and processes which underpin an effective payroll function
- Assist with production and development of regular and ad-hoc reports to confirm accuracy of payroll and to provide useful and proactive information to both colleagues and managers.
- Maintaining payroll inbox responding to queries in a timely manner, liaising with other teams/departments
- Actively participate in payroll projects
- Produce monthly reports for finance such as headcount and overtime.
- Manage calculation for any overpayments, and reports to the wider business.
- Have experience of providing manual payroll calculations
- Be up to date with HMRC Payroll legislation
- Can adapt well to changes and updates within the business
- You must have Excellent Excel skills and knowledge
- Excellent attention to detail
- Extensive experience in a payroll function
- Highly numerate
- Flexible and adaptable
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job