Senior Network Engineer - Enterprise
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About the Network team and Your Role
As a function of the Global Infrastructure Services department, the Network team is charged with designing, operating and maintaining global network infrastructure as well as public and private network connectivity for the Group. Services are broadly categorized into Data Centre networking, Global Connectivity, Product Development, Enterprise networking and Customer Operations.
Reporting directly to the Enterprise Principal Network Engineer, the role is responsible for ongoing technical development and delivery of the THG enterprise network infrastructures and associated services across the Group.
- Take responsibility for the technical development, implementation and maintenance of enterprise-grade networking infrastructures globally.
- Develop deep technical skills and become subject matter expert (SME) in enterprise-grade networking tech stack – e.g. high-end switching/routing, wireless, radio and remote access technologies as well as IP/MPLS and SD WAN technologies.
- Continually learn new technologies and approaches, seeking best-practice implementations for THG to improve network reliability, quality, automation and cost-efficiency. Promote sharing of this with all team mates to evangelize new approaches.
- Ensure enterprise, campus and warehouse network architectures are scalable, fit-for-purpose and robust, underpinning and supporting mission critical users, team and workloads such that they can be productive from anywhere.
- With a focus on what customer success looks like, aim to ensure enterprise network services are designed to support a variety of customer workloads – be that wired, wireless or remote.
- Collaborate with peers and colleagues across the business to produce both short- and mid-term plans for the enterprise technology stack. This includes regular maintenance activities such as software upgrades and audits.
- Day-to-day supervision of a small team of network engineers, enabling you to execute to plan and deliver both internal and business-sponsored projects on time.
- Participate in the network on-call schedule with colleagues between the UK and US to ensure mission critical services have appropriate operational and/or escalation-level support.
- Solid knowledge of relevant DC, WAN & enterprise networking technologies, including but not limited to:
- Leaf, Spine, Super-Spine Clos architectures with both VLAN/STP as well as BGP-EVPN/VXLAN modes of operation
- High-performance campus and arena wireless and radio technologies
- Security, VPN and WAN routing technologies and routing protocols (SD-WAN, MPLS, BGP etc.)
- Role-based authentication technologies such as 802.1X
- Hands-on experience configuring the following products
- Ethernet/IP switching products devices from Cisco and/or Arista are essential.
- Experience with Mellanox and disaggregated network operating systems (NOS) such as Cumulus Linux and SONiC would be advantageous.
- Security/firewalling products from Fortinet (specifically FortiGate and/or Cisco ASA)
- Application delivery controllers from Citrix (specifically NetScaler)
- Experience in network automation techniques with Python and/or Ansible with version control systems such as Git is essential. This will preferably include exposure to REST APIs, NETCONF, gNMI, etc.
- Evaluation of products and services (SWAT Analysis), to be able to describe and highlight the benefits with potential new vendors/solutions.
- Exposure to Linux administration and docker containers would be advantageous.
- Understanding of monitoring requirements and hands-on knowledge of open source monitoring tools (e.g. LibreNMS, InfluxDB/Grafana).
- Occasional travel to work in remote sites/locations as required by the business.
- Desire to learn and deepen personal knowledge of networking technology.
- “Make-it-happen” attitude and ownership to all activities.
- Cycle to work scheme
- Tech Scheme
- Staff discount to online shops and on-site staff shop
- Private on-site gym (Manchester)
- Season ticket loan
- Enhanced parenthood pay
- Pension scheme contributions
- Birthday off
- 25 days annual leave + bank holidays (from Jan 2024)
- Up to 2 weeks compassionate leave
- Employee Assistance programme
- On-site doctor
- In House L&D Team for personal development / upskill
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job