Senior Database Administrator
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role can be Remote or Hybrid from our Manchester offices
Tech at THG
Technology is the driving force behind THG, and it starts with our people. We are ambitious with our goals and challenge conventional thinking. THG Technology is different because we support every single person to make massive impact and drive their own work.
What will I be doing?
As a Senior Database Administrator within the DBA team you will:
- Lead the creation and continual improvement of automation tools to support the DBA team in the administration of our growing estate of SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Couchbase and CockroachDB
- Ensure all production servers are properly secured and patches are applied in a timely fashion
- Proactively identify performance problems and work with development teams to implement improvements to application performance
- Provide guidance in the creation and modification of standards and procedures
- Engineering and defining builds on a Database during development and testing
- Providing day-to-day support within the Engineering infrastructure departments and working coherently with other development teams
- Strong understanding of DR and monitoring standards
- Owning and regulating current Database infrastructure
- Designing and maintaining a multi-site SQL environment
- Understanding and maintaining database security
What skills and experience would I need?
- Administration of at least two of the following: SQL Server, PostgreSQL, Couchbase
- Enterprise monitoring tools such as SQL Monitor, Prometheus, Graphite, etc…
- Source Control for tracking and managing changes to DBA tooling
- Knowledge of automation languages (PowerShell, Bash, Ansible, Terraform)
- Familiarity with High Availability/Disaster Recovery solutions
- Strong experience and knowledge of MS SQL, preferably 2017 and 2019
- The ability to update, back-up and recover databases via
- Strong experience of Transactional Replication
- Installation and configuration of SQL server
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Willing and eager to expand your skill set in other database technologies
- Implementation and management of Always on groups
- Windows Server and failover clusters
- Network experience
- We leverage Google BigQuery to provide read-only data replicas for reporting and ML (Machine Learning) model training. Increasing use requires us to manage this in-line with the rest of our data estate.
What is in it for me?
- Competitive salary
- Build solutions using the latest technology
- Work alongside genuine industry experts
- Continuous development through THG Academy, our in-house L&D team
- Staff discounts on THG brands and Hale Country Club
- On-site doctor and physio
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job