Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst (SOC)
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
The Hut Group is looking for a Senior Cyber Security Operations Analyst to join its Security Operations Team. The team’s focus is to identify and hunt for threats to the group, to respond to information security incidents and to provide continuous feedback with regards to existing security controls. The team is also responsible for monitoring and maintaining various technical security solutions.
As the SOC’s very own Subject Matter Experts, the Hunters, proactively act as an incident /threat “hunter,” not just waiting for escalated incidents. They are closely involved in developing, tuning, and implementing threat detection analytics. They possess in-depth knowledge on network, endpoint, threat intelligence, digital forensics, and malware reverse engineering, as well as the functioning of specific applications or underlying IT infrastructure.
- Using THG’s tooling in conjunction with their own skills to proactively hunt for threats on our networks.
- Technical management of incidents through all phases.
- Digital Forensics and Malware Analysis.
- Mentoring team of extremely keen and talented analysts.
- Influencing and defining continual improvement activities for the SOC.
- 18+ months real world experience in a SOC.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and an eye for detail.
- A strong understanding of security incident response concepts.
- Ability to effectively monitor and analyse security alerts under pressure, and in a prioritised manner.
- Fundamental knowledge of IT operating systems and networking concepts.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to author, review and follow detailed technical procedures.
- Ability to drive process improvements.
- Relevant information security industry certification or qualification, or desire to pursue qualifications.
- A good understanding of information security incident response processes
- Involvement in extra-curricular cybersecurity activities and communities
What’s in it for you?
- Training and development is a key focus for our team, as a member of THG’s SOC you will have access to multiple training platforms, and a large quantity of certification opportunities. This combined with the exposure to all the technologies and tools we employ, makes the THG SOC an amazing place to develop and hone your skills at any level!
- You’ll play a key role in forming a team of talented and enthusiastic Cyber Security professionals.
- You’ll be joining a growing, team that will drive business change.
- You’ll have the opportunity to make your mark within the team, applying the skills and methodologies you’ve learnt.
- You’ll be working for a company with an excellent culture, in a friendly and fast paced environment.
- You’ll be able to react to change with backing from the business.
- You'll have the opportunity to solve complex business/technical problems.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job