Senior Credit Control Associate: Ingenuity
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG is one of the world’s fastest growing and largest online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors, in over 160 markets. We create brilliant digital brand experiences and our in-house team design, develop and build a bespoke proprietary technology platform that is used by hundreds of millions of people worldwide. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader. Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious – we like to move twice as fast others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength and we have over 7,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions. To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG and play a part in driving the Group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About Finance at THG
Finance at THG is a rapidly growing and evolving team, covering all areas of finance from central functions such as accounts receivable and payable, treasury, tax and internal audit, to specific commercial teams for each of our divisions, Beauty, Tech, Consumer, Health and Brands. As the business expands and takes on new challenges in the form of acquired businesses or new ventures, finance is there to support every step of the way, leading to dynamic and challenging roles – no two days are the same! Common characteristics among our team are the ability to drive change, adaptability, and resourcefulness, to ensure we can keep pace with the business, without compromising on financial control or sales performance.
About the Role
Reporting into the Transactions Team Leader - Ingenuity, the primary responsibility of the Senior Credit Control Associate is to ensure timely debt collection across the Ingenuity Ecomm and Hostings debtor ledgers.
The Senior Credit Control Associate will manage a portfolio of key B2B customer accounts to ensure debt is collect on a timely basis. Liaise with THG internal stakeholders providing top class customer service levels and ensuring that the customers queries are shared and escalated where appropriate.
The Senior Credit Control Associate acts as a subject matter expert and point of reference for activities or issues related to customer transactional finance and ensures that related processes are executed in line with the group procedures and according to the internal and external audit requirements.
- Actively chase client debt sharing statements and making regular contact via email and over the phone to clarify payment dates
- Provide support to internal stakeholders and expertise, and act as first point of reference to resolve any queries coming through the relevant mailbox. Handle all queries efficiently and effectively to ensure all SLA’s and KPI’s are met
- Perform key account reconciliations and query resolution
- Manage and update client credit insurance records – working with insurer and clients to obtain cover where possible for any uninsured clients.
- Build relationships with client accounts payable and finance teams to ensure timely communication around payment dates and queries
- Supporting Transactions Team Leader with reporting requirements for the team
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with external customers, internal stakeholders and wider finance teams
- Strive to achieve best practice performance levels as per benchmarks agreed with the Transactions Team Leader
- Drive change mentality within Transactions Team and wider business to enhance better working relationships and positive working behaviours
- Support team leader with management of team performance in the areas of purchase ledger, sales ledger, and credit control
- Any other adhoc duties as required
- Studying for finance related professional qualification (degree/AAT/ACCA/CIMA) or ideally at least 2/3 years’ experience within a similar role
- Fluent in English both verbal and written. Another European Language (French, Polish, Swedish, German) an advantage but not essential
- Excellent numeracy skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Well organised and accurate in their work
- Office IT literate, preferably with intermediate MS Excel skills
- Sage or any other ERP systems knowledge
- A good knowledge & understanding of Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Credit Control processes
- Maintaining a can do, positive attitude with a focus on high level internal and external customer service
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job