Senior Corporate Communications Manager
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: ICON 1, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Role
Reporting into the Head of Communications, the Senior Communications Manager will be responsible for taking ownership of Group B2B PR. You will be responsible for dealing with media requests, managing the Group's information flow, and securing media coverage of the highest quality.
- Managing the delivery and development of the Group communications strategy, with goals, budgets, tactics
- Supporting on the merger and acquisitions activity
- Managing proactive and reactive press coverage opportunities for the company and its key figures
- Managing award entries
- Dealing with media requests from business and trade press (ranging from tech to beauty trade), both in the UK and internationally
- Building and maintaining solid relationships with media outlets and journalists in the business, trade and mainstream sectors, both in the UK and internationally;
- Monitoring, reporting on, and maintaining media coverage results;
- Engaging with key internal and external stakeholders to maintain a consistent and accurate flow of information;
- Supporting the organisation, promotion and coverage of events and conferences
Content & Outreach
- Drafting key press releases, blogs and newsletters
- Producing PR content for both B2B - and B2C press where relevant, and overseeing content production for outreach
- Working closely with social media and SEO teams to ensure an optimised flow of information, both internally and externally
- Ad hoc tasks with the B2C PR and Communications team
- Be experienced working across various sectors (e.g. tech, beauty, wellbeing) and skilled at deciphering varied subject matter
- Be an exceptional copywriter - including editing and proofreading skills
- You will have a proven track record of delivering excellent results for B2B clients
- Have strong time management skills and ability to prioritise workload as required
- Be familiar with media databases, forward features and press request tools such as Kantar and Cision
- Hold a University degree or equivalent experience
- Have the skills to build good relationships with key stakeholders, external influencers and media outlets
- Hold existing business media relationships
- Be skilled in using PR to drive business results
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job