Senior Copywriter | Cult Beauty
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Cult Beauty:
Who is Cult Beauty? Well, we’re a beauty-obsessed team who share a common goal — to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world! We’re all about intelligent beauty, from the way we pick our ever-lusted-after brands to how we talk to our exceptionally savvy customers. Our Cult Community values transparency and so do we. That’s why we only sell the products that truly blow us away and publish every review on our site.
To achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with individuals who have the same vision. As part of the Cult Beauty team, you’ll be encouraged to share ideas and empowered to aim for the skies. We’re a team so if we fail, we fail together and try again. Cult Beauty has become the successful world leader it is because of our people. We’re a close-knit family that recognises that our collective and community are much more valuable than the sum of their parts. We’re not just here to sell the most unbelievably amazing beauty products in the world, we also want to challenge the definition of what ‘beauty’ is and use our platform to challenge the status quo — both in our industry and society.
A fantastic opportunity has opened for an experienced Senior Copywriter to join and be an integral part of our rapidly expanding Content Marketing team. Reporting to our Content Manager, this is an amazing opportunity for any beauty obsessive who has a passion for both beauty and creating content.
Who you are:
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated and creative wordsmith who takes pride in crafting engaging copy, to assist with all aspects of written content creation with a focus on digital – from whipping up engaging email briefs and educational inserts to assisting on SEO projects and creating unique and intelligent blog posts.
Applicants must have an excellent grasp of written English, an engaging ‘approachable’ writing style and painstaking attention to detail. We have a unique tone of voice and are looking for a candidate with personality and wit – who can adopt Cult Beauty’s register and modify their writing style to suit our varied communication platforms – from newsletters to social media, homepages to advertising banners.
What you'll be doing:
Assisting the Content Team with daily tasks, which include:
- Writing creative yet succinct marketing email copy (from content newsletters to on-boarding journeys), homepages and sitewide banners
- Creating compelling copy for category, brand and seasonal landing pages
- Assisting with researching and writing daily PDP, paid and organic social posts.
- Pitching unique and engaging blog posts that implement SEO best practice
- Creating intelligent, informative and witty inserts, press releases advertising and annual magazine features
- Attending and contributing to regular marketing campaign strategy sessions and supporting online events with relevant content
- Looking after and supporting with process management, including end-to-end product completion, and workload distribution
- Helping to sub-edit, inspire and nurture the Junior Copywriters, Copy Assistant and Copy Intern to help them develop and hone their skills
- Maintaining Cult Beauty’s ‘tone of voice’ across all platforms
- 2-3 years of copywriting experience with a proven record for writing compelling copy
- Passionate and knowledgeable about the beauty and wellness industry
- Degree or equivalent experience working in-house within an international ecommerce retailer in a similar role
- Excellent written English, impeccable grammar, spelling and proofreading skills
- Experience writing marketing email copy, campaign copy, and paid and organic social copy
- Understanding of SEO copywriting skills
- Experience of subbing with proven ability to edit, train and nurture junior writers
- Ability to proactively prioritise, manage and complete multiple projects within time constraints – you will be working on several deadline-orientated projects simultaneously
- Ability to think creatively and strategically to create intelligent and entertaining copy
- Excellent sense of responsibility and strong organisational skills
- An openness to feedback and constructive criticism
- Strong communication skills and ability to work effectively across teams
- Proficiency in using Content Management Systems, Microsoft Office, Teams, SharePoint and Monday.com
- Must be PC Literate
- A conscientious attitude and a friendly, positive disposition
Nice to haves:
A portfolio of relevant work
What we offer in return:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Enhanced Paternity pay
- Flexible and Remote working options
- Annual wellbeing day
- A day off for your birthday
- Annual charity day allowance
- Excellent discount from the Cult Beauty website!
- Up to 50% discounts on wellbeing products from our parent company, THG
Cult Beauty is an equal opportunities employer, committed to hiring and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are made solely on the basis of qualifications, skills or experience and as they relate to the particular role.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job