Senior Category Analyst
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Core Beauty
THG is Europe’s No1 Online Destination for Premium Beauty. Our mission is to empower people globally to look and feel fantastic every day. To enable us to do this we have offices across the UK, Europe, America and Australia filled with passionate beauty fanatics who are committed to delivering rapid growth in this exciting industry. We work with over 800 of the world’s greatest beauty brands such as MAC, Kerastase, GHD, Tom Ford and YSL to bring our customers the widest offering of beauty products from around the globe. Passion, innovation and commitment are key characteristics in this ever-expanding team as we strive to become the World’s No1 Online.
Working within the Brand and Category data team in THG Beauty, this is an analyst position that will work closely with the Buying, Merchandising and Marketing teams in order to find opportunities to support growth and direct the longer term strategy of our brand partners and the overarching categories on THG Beauty retail sites, including LOOKFANTASTIC, Cult Beauty and Dermstore globally.
- Supporting the business through the production of insight and recommendations to business problems.
- Support in the measurement of activities and make recommendations for improvements.
- Work with the Buying and Merchandising departments to help create joint business plans with our brand partners.
- Attend and present in external strategy meetings with our brand partners.
- Identify opportunities increase profitability within categories.
- Use internal and external data sources to understand what is happening in the wider market and how this can be used to our advantage.
- 2+ years working in an Analytics function, preferably in the Beauty industry.
- Deliver high quality analysis.
- Present findings to both internal and external stakeholders in an engaging manner.
- Proactive mindset when it comes to identifying insight and commercial opportunities.
- Ability to manage stakeholders – both internal and external.
- Look to create time efficiencies by creating robust automated processes.
- Demonstrated history of creating and owning data pipelines:
- Moving process through development, testing and production environments.
- Version control.
- Error handling.
- Solutions that are scalable.
- Excel - advanced proficiency.
- Tableau/Power BI or any data visualization tool, preferably Tableau.
- Commercial acumen.
- Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of the beauty industry.
Essential Behaviors: -
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Strong communication skills when dealing with internal and external stakeholders.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job