Senior Buyer | Cult Beauty
London, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Who is Cult Beauty? Well, we’re a beauty-obsessed team who share a common goal — to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world! We’re all about intelligent beauty, from the way we pick our ever-lusted-after brands to how we talk to our exceptionally savvy customers. Our Cult Community values transparency and so do we. That’s why we only sell the products that truly blow us away and publish every review on our site.
To achieve this goal, we want to collaborate with individuals who have the same vision. As part of the Cult Beauty team, you’ll be encouraged to share ideas and empowered to aim for the skies. We’re a team so if we fail, we fail together and try again. Cult Beauty has become the successful world leader it is because of our people. We’re a close-knit family that recognises that our collective and community are much more valuable than the sum of their parts. We’re not just here to sell the most unbelievably amazing beauty products in the world, we also want to challenge the definition of what ‘beauty’ is and use our platform to challenge the status quo — both in our industry and society.
Reporting to: Head of Buying
Responsible for: Buyer / Junior Buyer / Assistant Buyer / Admin
Purpose of Role: The Senior Buyer is responsible for delivering continued sales & profit growth, developing & executing strategy & building strength in relationships with each partner, ensuring that our customer are at the heart of every decision made within the buying team.
- Collaborates with the Head of Buying to plan, build and execute a strategy for sustainable growth and development of the business.
- Conducts strategy meetings with key accounts with plans to deliver. Supports management of the buying department, showcasing leadership to deliver all key business objectives.
- Keeps up to date with industry/market trends and networking opportunities to help further build brand plans & relationships
- Brand acquisition and developing new relationship, focusing on market specific opportunities in line with our internationalisation and growth plans. Developing & managing the Cult Beauty new brand strategy whilst leading the team to delivering this strategy.
- Leading and developing brand relationships in line with company values to build a best in market joint business plan and achieve business benefits including market leading promotions, first to market launches, exclusives and investment into promotional & marketing support to maximise performance. Leveraging existing brand relationships to grow new business opportunities with a view to raise Cult Beauty’s profile within the industry.
- Responsible for leading supplier negotiations to maximise margin/profit.
- Responsible for building, managing and delivering the buying budgets, providing a clear and structured rationale for how each budget is to be achieved given the agreed upon JBP and marketing exposure. Collaborating with all functions in the business to build an exciting and innovative calendar that launches new brands, promotions and events, ensuring the message is clear and concise across all channels.
- Partnering with the Merchandising team to accurately forecast business revenue and ensure optimum availability levels to deliver budget, reacting to international trading patterns as required.
- Forms & nurtures strategic brand relationships, building strength in relationships with all key brand partners to leverage investment opportunities, terms discussions and global networks.
- Continuous monitoring and review of business performance to analyse sales patterns, advises teams and ensures appropriate action is taken to unforeseen sales reactions.
- Overseas bi annual strategy meetings with brands/team, devising clear agendas, objectives and working cross functionally beforehand to gather relevant information to prepare a presentation that crafts a meaningful story for each brand meeting and enables a best in class JBP
- Monitors satisfaction with all brand partners to ensure best in class delivery
- Takes responsibility for demand planning by brand alongside merch team to ensure every brand always has the stock needed to maximise budget performance
- Develop and manage newness strategy – supports the team to and negotiates the right product and brand mix that underlines the Cult Beauty USP, reacting with agility to market trends and always staying one step ahead of our competitors, creating an unparalleled customer experience and maximise sales and profit to achieve KPI’s
- Manages brand P&L with a clear understanding/ownership of stock in trade, open to buy, aged and overstocks, territory participation, promotional funding, retro agreements and trading margin.
- Overseas business performance reporting to the wider business where needed.
- Develops skills of the team – identifies individual training needs as well as encourages effective teamwork, KPI’s setting and communicating clear goals/targets.
- Motivates team – gives recognition and praise, goal setting, implementing incentives to drive performance within the team.
- Provides support to new team members – ensures a full induction is provided and support during the learning process.
- Leadership of the department – guiding on priorities, influencing, engaging and inspiring the team.
Responsibility for building strength in key strategic brand relationships while delivering sales & profit growth
- Brands Sales Growth Target(s):- achieving sales growth in line if not above of budget.
- Brands Gross Margin Target(s):- achieving sales growth at maintained margin.
- Securing commercial terms improvement across margin, payment terms, marketing investment and purchasing retro’s where applicable
- Delivery of a complete JBP that is built to deliver continuous sales growth to outperform previous year’s performance
- Team and business leadership / mentoring / goal setting
- Team player – able to collaborate across functions
- Initiative – able to think outside of the box
- Pro-active and positive attitude
- Developing Self and Others
- Driven and goal orientated
- Can demonstrate an operational and strategic mind set
- Can build strong relationships – Leadership – collaboration
- Can work cross functionally across teams to deliver the best outcome for our brand partners and our business.
- Prioritise, structure work & effectively manage time
- Financial and analytical ability – ability to budget and review performance
- Excellent communicator – able to give clarity and set direction
- Commercial awareness of the beauty industry
- Strong knowledge of your brand partners
- Ability to form good working relationships with internal teams and external clients
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills
- Project management skills
- Negotiation skills
• Competitive Salary
• Agile/hybrid working policy
• Company Pension Scheme – Matching up to 4%
• 25 Days Annual Leave plus Bank Holidays plus Birthday Leave
• Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Policy
• Enhanced Compassionate Leave
• Cycle to Work Scheme, Tech Scheme & More…
• Access to On-Site Doctor, Physio, Gym and Shop
• Commitment to Continued Learning and Development Through our Bespoke L&D Offering
• Exclusive Discounts off THG Brands
• Many More...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job