Sales & Business Development
New York, United States
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
The Hut Group (THG) is one of the world's largest and fastest growing online retailers. We have over a decade of experience building and growing brands in the Beauty and Wellness sectors in over 160 markets worldwide. Our in-house teams create brilliant digital brand experiences built on our bespoke proprietary technology platform, that is used by hundreds of millions of people around the world today. With a world-class business, a proprietary technology platform, and disruptive business model, our ambition is to be the global digital leader.
Our culture is fast-paced and ambitious - we like to move twice as fast, as others believe to be possible. This belief is a fundamental part of the DNA that has supported our incredible growth. Our people are our strength, and we have over 5,000 diverse, smart thinkers across the globe, who are encouraged to think creatively and empowered to turn their ideas into actions.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for commercially astute, ambitious individuals, that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its truly exciting journey.
About the Division: Beauty Brands
With an industry recognized portfolio of market leading beauty brands, we are accelerating our momentum to become the number one Health and Beauty retailer globally. With brands across multiple categories such as; Christophe Robin, ESPA, Illamasqua and Perricone MD we have people and their ambition, passion and unremitting determination at the heart of what we do – whether we are innovating our packaging, building disruptive ecommerce capabilities or creating a powerful brand campaign.
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for passionate, commercial and ambitious individuals to help us grow Christophe Robin and Grow Gorgeous in America.
About the role:
To support our ambitious growth, we are looking for passionate, commercial and ambitious individuals to help us grow our Beauty Brands (Christophe Robin and Grow Gorgeous), including a Sales Manager. As a Sales Manager for Amercia, you will work closely with the Sales Director to help develop the brands in North and South America and facilitate day-to-day tasks with our B2B retailers. You will work with the Sales Director on the business plan for each partner, new launches and copy optimization.
You'll work in a fast paced and dynamic environment and have the opportunity to work with all functions of the group. If you are outgoing, determined, hard-working, love beauty and are looking for the next step in your career within a global group - we want to hear from you.
- Location: New York City
- Overnight travel: rare (less than 10%)
- Starting date: ASAP
Job Responsibilities will include:
SALES MANAGEMENT (60%)
- Managing existing relationship with distributors
- Identifying opportunities to grow the business in each retailer / e-retailer / distributors
- Take the lead on organizing the resources necessary to put together sales presentations per retailer /distributors
- Merchandising: working on optimizing assets, copy, p-pages, etc.
- Analyzing needs and best practices for each retailer and being aware of competitor activity
- Adapting all initiatives to the specific needs of each retailer /distributor
SUPPLY AND OPERATIONS (20%)
- You will partner with the Supply & Ops team to make sure forecasts are accurate and our DC as well as our retailers are fully stocked:
- Working with Supply on forecasts by SKU, by month, by account
- Creating workflow of priorities with Head of Operations on organizing orders with retailers based on their deadlines and needs
- Ensuring the team tracks free goods spent (samples, collateral, etc.) as well as RTV for monthly budget review
COPYWRITING AND CONTENT (10%)
- Leading the team to ensure all new products are fully setup respecting retailer’s guidelines and deadlines.
- Working with the brand team to create the relevant assets for each retailer
- Ensuring consistency of message across all sales channels, while customizing copies to take into accounts retailer’s specificities (key words, trends, etc.)
MANAGE ADMINISTRATIVE TASKS (10%)
- Maintain client database by inputting retail partner info
- Complete product set-up forms and NPD launch forms as needed
- Update SKU chart to keep up-to-date
- Help with various ad-hoc projects as needed
- Assist team with general office tasks as needed
- Increase top-line revenue for the brands in your territories
- Maintain profitable margins for the brands
- Achieve/exceed budgets per brand for brands’ annual budgets
- Allocate marketing activations/sampling programs proportionately to the retailer’s size of business
- Forecast inventory needs for new product launches, samples, and replenishment business
- Prior experience in sales, preferably with major retail accounts in the beauty industry is highly desirable
- Strong ability to organize, prioritize, follow-up and meet deadlines
- Structured mind with a high multi-tasking ability
- Creative and problem solver with top class trouble shooting skills
- High level of IT literacy, (especially Excel and Office in general)
- Strong entrepreneurial spirit with the ability to work in a small and fast-paced team
- $90k - $100k base salary
- Company bonus scheme
- Medical, dental, vision and commuter benefits
- 401K with up to 5% company match. 100% vested from day one
- Amazing employee discounts on our websites
- Excellent growth & advancement opportunities
THG is an equal opportunity employer. We prohibit discrimination based on age, colour, gender, disability, national origin, race, marital status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and any other protected class in accordance with applicable state, federal, and local laws. We are also committed to creating and maintaining an inclusive and accessible workplace.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job