Regulatory Affairs Associate - Nutrition
Compliance & Regulatory
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Location: Icon 1, M90 5AA
About Central Functions
Central Functions is formed of the teams and people that serve the entire business. These people are integral to the smooth running of the business; ensuring everyone is paid on time, that materials are sourced and arrive promptly, that we meet our legal obligations and that our health, safety, and security is safeguarded.
About the Compliance Team and the Role
The Regulatory and Compliance team's primary focus is to ensure product formulation, labelling and website compliance for all THG Nutrition and Beauty brands globally. THG owns and operates many leading brands including LookFantastic.com, Grow Gorgeous, Mio Skincare, ESPA and MyProtein.
THG is looking to recruit a Regulatory Affairs Associate with a some understanding of EU Regulations pertaining to labelling of food and food supplements for UK/EU Countries, to join our Regulatory & Compliance Team. The role is reporting into a senior regulatory officer.
With a focus on brand protection, the Regulatory & Compliance Team plays a critical role in ensuring that our products can be marketed and sold legally all over the world. The role offers hybrid working from our Head Office near Manchester Airport, this role offers the opportunity to contribute to the Global success of The Hut Group and our market-leading brands.
- Working on a key business priority rebranding project to ensure compliance in the UK and EU Member States for THG Nutrition Brands including Myprotein and Myvegan.
- Reviewing labelling and marketing material to check that they are compliant with regional regulatory requirements.
- Advising on nutrition and health claims, ensuring they are correctly worded on product labelling and websites.
- Reviewing company websites to check that content is compliant with country specific regulatory requirements.
- Managing and taking accountability of own workload.
- Establishing and maintaining a strong working relationship with key stakeholders (NPD, Marketing, Brand, Commercial teams etc).
- Qualification in Nutrition, Food Technology, Food Law, Food Science, Food Safety or other related subject.
- Understanding of regulations regarding Food/Food Supplements, some labelling experience and usage of claims in the EU (including UK) would be advantageous.
- Understanding of food industry standard practices would be advantageous.
- Good attention to detail, strong communication skills, good time management skills.
- Ability to communicate across different departments e.g. NPD, Brand, Marketing, SQA, QA, Packaging Artwork etc to ensure business needs are met.
- Good IT Skills - (Email, Excel, Word and SharePoint).
- Usage of product specification systems (especially Oracle Brand Compliance) would be desirable but not essential
- Ability to prioritise, manage own workload and adapt to changing business requirements and deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Onsite Doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym Discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job