Raw Materials and Procurement Manager | THG Labs
Trowbridge, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About THG Labs
THG acquired Acheson & Acheson in 2018 to bring full service, product development & manufacturing in-house to supply innovative branded and THG Beauty Brand products to the industry. In 2022 Acheson & Acheson became THG Labs. Capabilities include:
- In-house market knowledge & trends
- End-to-end service from idea generation through to manufacturing and launch
- Technical, commercial and production expertise
- Outstanding customer service
About The Purchasing and Packaging Team
Based within the Purchasing and Packaging division of the business, the Purchasing and Packaging team responsible for the sourcing of componentry for Beauty Brands with expectation of expertise in the understanding of consumer use, shelf appeal and customer requirement in packaging. Incorporating knowledge of the supplier capabilities in all commodity materials to drive cost benefit to the business as well as forming a strong supplier base. The Purchasing and Packaging team are responsible for ensuring the supplier base is diverse, flexible, adaptable, and willing to develop long term relationships and deliver quality and innovative product.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing and Packaging to deliver strategic targets across supply chain, identifies and mitigates risk to spend and ensures clear reporting to stakeholders. Development and guidance to all members of the team, providing clear objectives and deliverables to support team performance.
- Ensure Supply chain aligns with regulatory requirements and alignment to group.
- Ensure all critical materials to business have supporting risk mitigation to supply chain
- Ensure poor performance for suppliers is escalated and risk to business is mitigated.
- Approve any deviations to WOB submissions prior to onboarding supplier.
- Set Opex budget annually and review monthly with department.
- Review annual spend inflation and provide escalation to support negotiations to mitigate impact.
- Forward thinking to support forecast of NPD calendar to ensure supply chain risk is mitigated.
- Provide Road Map annually
- Hold 121’s with team and report performance and objective targets
- Provide strategic support to all members of the team
- Support in setting department strategic target annually.
- Drive Procurement Projects to deliver savings to the business.
- Set product standards for annual re-cost (Raws and comps) where required.
- Take notes in clear and concise manner for internal and external meetings
- Communicating effectively and positively with all teams, colleagues, and managers.
- Take reasonable care for the health and safety for yourself and other persons who may be affected by your work
- To cooperate with regards to all company health & safety measures, following H&S training when using equipment
- Report to a person in authority any work situation which may represent a serious or imminent danger to health & safety or any shortcomings in the protection arrangements to health & safety. In respect of any hazards remember ‘see it, report it’
- Helping to promote a positive working atmosphere within the company.
- Any other duties that may be required from time to time
- Good knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excell, Outlook
- A team player
- CIPS Diploma level 3 plus
- Good Mathematical Skills
- Good negotiation Skills
- Experience in a managerial role
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job