Production Team Leader (Nights) - Nutrition & Wellness
THG Omega, Skyline Drive, Warrington, WA5 3TP
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
The Operations division is at the heart of our customers’ experience here at THG. We Manufacture a wide range of sports nutrition and cosmetic consumer good that we then dispatch to out customers in over 200 countries worldwide from our purpose-built, innovative manufacturing and distribution centres.
THG’s MyProtein Manufacturing Division works 24/7 to produce a wide range of high-quality sports nutrition products and supplements from our factories based all over the world.
- Ensure Health & Safety of self and others is of the highest standards
- Clearly communicate the daily plans and expectations to all team members at the start of each shift.
- Continually improve departmental and organisational standards
- Maintain personal and team hygiene standards
- Continually improve departmental and organisational quality and capability against standards
- Ensure all quality and hygiene documentation is completed and checked daily to required standard
- Perform and act upon results of daily machine safety checks
- Maintain and support a right first time culture
- Champion quality assurance
- Support the delivery of KPI’s
- Understand and demonstrate knowledge of the whole supply chain.
- Maintain SIC boards, acting on issues and reporting against them at Gemba walks
- Assisting as required in people procedures including disciplinary
- Utilising Labour to always achieve maximum output.
- Ensuring all waste management measures are being adhered to.
- Support the delivery of THG strategic objectives through strong leadership.
- To motivate team to deliver daily line outputs.
- Lead and develop all team members to become a highly effective team.
- Continually appraise all team members
- Work effectively with other teams
- To lead shift changeovers
- To deliver effective shift handovers.
- Always strives to deliver short & long term business objectives.
- Holds people accountable for under performance and or poor standards of behaviour
- Demonstrates a flexible approach to meeting the business needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to solve basic process/machine/technical problems.
- To ensure their team performs daily machine checks and acts on potential failures and counter signs their daily check-sheets
- Contribute to effective continuous improvement activities where needed throughout the organization
- Produce S.O.P’s for machine(s)/area in their charge.
- Experience working and managing a small team in Food Manufacturing
- Organised with ability to set objectives and manage KPI’s
- Good understanding of H & S and HR procedures plus Food Safety and Hygiene regulations
- Ability to build a rapport with staff at all levels of the operation
- Ability to remain focused with a good attention to detail
- Good at working under pressure, managing your time and your team’s time effectively and capable of solving problems
- Highly Numerate
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible approach and be willing to “go the extra mile”
- Self-motivated and a quick learner
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job