Product Technologist - Myprotein
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition & Wellness:
THG Nutrition & Wellness is home to some of the best loved and most trusted names in wellbeing and nutrition, including Myprotein, the world's largest online sports nutrition brand, its family of brands, Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Activewear and MyPRO, plus Exante Diet.
We want to be the world's most empowering health movement, championing everyone to live healthier, more active lives. Our brands and people exist to break boundaries, to power and empower those who want more. We break conventions, we’re a force for good, and we keep it real. These are the values that drive us through every day.
Everything we do is done in-house, from manufacturing and new product development to content creation, e-commerce, marketing and logistics. This means we’re perfectly positioned to deliver to our vision and keep our place at the top of a fast-moving, global industry.
It's an incredibly exciting time to join the team, and we’re always looking for talented people who share our vision and values to drive our Nutrition & Wellness movement forward.
The Product Technologist is responsible for driving innovation for new and existing products across the BFS category. The role will involve building out one of the most expansive supplement ranges globally, across key categories such as wellness and performance. Working alongside key suppliers, the role will involve gathering insights to drive this product development. The role will then involve project managing these supplements alongside key stakeholders internally, through procurement, compliance, brand and creative teams.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Analyse and consolidate market research and consumer insights
- Formulate new and existing products in line with consumer insights, that have approved claims
- Project manage effectively, communicating clearly with procurement, compliance, brand and creative teams
- Creating product specifications
- Briefing suppliers on new ingredients - working to technical, operational and commercial constraints
- Supporting other teams to bring products to successful launch
- Approving packaging and product compliance
- Researching and reporting on current market trends
- Nutrition/Food technology degree or equivalent
- Minimum 1 year experience in NPD
- Understanding of NPD processes from concept through to launch
- Enthusiastic and proactive personality, excellent communication skills, working well as part of a team
- Able to work well under pressure and deliver to strict deadlines
- Interest in fitness, weight management/supplements, health & wellbeing
- Understanding of industry standards and compliance
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job