Prestige & Luxury Skincare Buyer - Dermstore USA
New York, USA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
This position is responsible for executing the top line sales growth strategy, P&L management, vendor collaboration, whitespace analysis, and marketing promotion direction for assigned categories. This role is also responsible for business and brand development such as building brand relationships with top vendors, negotiating terms, securing volume buys, financial forecasting, managing promotions, competitive pricing analysis, and supporting company initiatives. This role reports to the category Senior Buyer or Director.
- Manage day to day activity for top key vendors; build positive working relationships and partner closely with these vendors to plan and execute all merchandising activity including assortment, promotions, and pricing
- Develop category strategy and guidelines, incorporating inputs from customer insights, cross-functional partners, third party reports (e.g. NPD, Kline, Mintel), vendors and category selling/market trend/competitive set analysis
- Analyze competitor and industry performance, uncovering potential white spaces; assume a curious and creative mindset to identify category / product opportunities
- Manage top brand partnerships and joint business plan (JBP); develop a collaborative and strategic relationship with this partner; develop joint financial goals and align on strategies to meet the goals
- Analyze sales performance and key metrics to derive conclusions on merchandising and marketing effectiveness; communicate action plans across the Merchandising team, as well as other departments
- Forecast sales for promotions on assigned brands; monitor actual performance versus forecast
- Partner closely with Director and VP of Merchandising to ensure delivery against the division strategy
- Secure new brands for the site that fit the company’s acquisition strategy
- Analyze end of month KPIs and determine actions and strategies
- Create atmosphere of teamwork and collaboration
- Manage category team members at the assistant and/or associate level
- 4 year degree, undergraduate degree
- 4-5 years relevant experience, (1-2 years ecommerce experience preferred)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated experience in team development
- Key understanding of marketing principles, practices, and players within the prestige and/or professional industry
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with peers and management
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail - thoroughness and accuracy
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, team environment
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job