PR Manager - Nutrition
PR / Comms
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition is one of the world’s leading players in online sports and nutrition retail. Our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to the world’s largest online sports nutrition brand Myprotein, including its family of brands Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Clothing and Myprotein Pro, as well as Exante. All are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide.
With everything from manufacture and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, THG Nutrition is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry. We also partner with a network of more than 19,000 influencers to ensure brands can reach their audience, anywhere in the world.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
- Partnering with brand teams and the wider marketing team to understand business objectives to create annual PR strategies
- Storytelling – identify and create compelling angles that drive coverage in target publications
- Growing brand awareness amongst targeted audiences, through a comprehensive PR plan and outreach
- Develop new relationships as well as strengthening relationships with press
- Virtual and experiential event management
- Management of campaign and activity calendars, planning, budgets and execution of projects such as press and launch events, press mailers and sample sends
- Responsible for delivering coverage reports and where necessary, internal presentations
- Responsible for analysing results as well as competitor activities (where necessary) via platforms we have access to (e.g. Roxhill, SEO Clarity, Pulsar etc)
- Managing and mentoring junior members of the team, including conducting monthly 1-1s and quarterly reviews
- Ensure PR is a fully integrated, optimised element of campaigns through partnership with the wider brand team
- Develop and execute creative ways into product or campaign launches, including but not limited to events, live or digital activations
- Build on existing relationships with key national and industry publications, broadcast and other channels to promote the brand, working with larger PR team to constantly build stronger media relationships
- Support and lead where need be in crisis PR situations and manage brand reputation to help mitigate negative press coverage and deal with challenging press stories
- Carry out press office activities including, but not limited to: Creating press releases, submitting award submissions and attending press appointments
- Manage direct reports, including conducting monthly 1-1s, quarterly reviews and daily workflows
- Support Senior Managers and Heads of department with additional activity
- Strong understanding of the beauty/wellness industry including an awareness of brand competitor landscape and trends within the beauty world
- Excellent communication skills, storytelling and writing skills in English with proven strong attention to detail
- Ability to manage stakeholders at all levels, internally but also externally in the form of media on a global scale
- Tracking and reporting – responsible for the measurement and reporting of PR activity, hitting KPIs set by Senior PR Manager. Results driven and detail orientated with the desire to meet and exceed measurable performance goals
- 3-5 years' experience in a PR or communications role (minimum 3 years)
- Track record of successfully leading a team
- Experience in designing and executing successful PR and marketing campaigns
- Experience of managing budgets, projects, timelines and schedules
- Excellent knowledge of the UK Press and strong relationships within the industry at senior level
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job