PR & Events Manager | Cult Beauty
London, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
About Cult Beauty
Our mission is to be the world’s most trusted beauty retailer. Cult Beauty is a beauty insider that constantly innovates through cutting-edge digital beauty retail, providing invaluable advice to intelligent, discerning woman who are tired of pseudo-science and the hard sell.
We are looking for hyper-talented individuals to ‘join the cult’ on our exciting mission to become the world’s most trusted beauty retailer
Cult Beauty is a team of beauty curators who distil the global beauty industry down to its brightest and best - from the latest scientific discoveries, to hundred-year-old remedies that have never been bettered. The team constantly innovates through cutting-edge digital beauty retail, providing invaluable beauty, hair and wellbeing recommendations to intelligent, discerning customers who are tired of pseudo-science and the hard sell.
PR & EVENTS MANAGER
Reporting to the Content Marketing Director, you will be a well-connected, creative public relations professional with exceptional communication skills and an obsession with cult beauty products. This role will manage our inhouse PR and events function working out of our London HQ. The successful candidate will have at least 4 years expertise in beauty consumer media relations, with strong working contacts with both traditional print and digital content creators.
We are looking for someone with traditional PR experience and a passion for new media and hunting out a wide range of opportunities, who knows how to build a great story and throw a fabulous party. You need to be a self-starter, strategic thinker, and enjoy working in a fast-paced, start-up culture.
You will be responsible for building and executing a strategic PR and events plan to support our mission to become the most trusted beauty retailer in the world; telling stories through earned and owned media about Cult Beauty, its brands and brand experts. This will require creativity, high judgment, a bias for action, strong ownership, the ability to multitask, and a willingness to earn trust, innovate and deliver results
- Grow brand awareness of Cult Beauty amongst targeted audiences through creative brand communication strategy
- Promote and respect core brand values and work closely with all departments - from marketing, content, ecommerce, buying, merchandising and customer service - to gather great stories and trends, deliver integrated campaigns, events, and relevant content.
- Propose and deliver launch plans for key Brand activity – from product placement to features to events - growing the profile of our exclusive and incubator brands and fostering strong, lasting mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work closely with the Influencer team to identify exciting new talent, and support on creating buzz-worthy and authentic events and stories
- Manage our PR agency, keeping them updated with the latest relevant opportunities at Cult Beauty and co-manage events.
- Manage internal Cult spokespeople, generate quote opportunities for relevant Senior team members to support Cult Beauty’s status as THE industry expert
- Maintain and develop strong press contacts with national, mainstream, niche and online titles, and with key luminaries of the beauty industry.
- Manage daily press office admin, reactive requests and general information dissemination
- Work with our Performance Social and Comms teams to ensure blanket coverage of all brands and trend focuses
- Work in a highly agile way to spot opportunities and act on them as they happen.
- 4+ years PR experience, preferably some in agency.
- Journalist-level writing skills, your press releases must read like the articles they will inspire
- Strong events planning experience, from conception to execution, from press dinners to large scale parties
- Excellent judgement, diplomacy and communication skills, and an unbeatable eye for detail
- A team player with a strong sense of enthusiasm and drive, and demonstrate confidence in dealing with media relations
- Strong organizational skills, attention to deal and the ability to lead multiple projects and thrive in a dynamic environment and to strategically prioritise work, capable of juggling shifting deadlines
- Deep knowledge and understanding of beauty industry trends and a wide understanding of the media and social landscape
- Has an enviable book of contacts, and maintains a strong network of media connections
What we offer in return
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Pension Contributions
- Enhanced Maternity pay
- Enhanced Paternity pay
- Flexible and Remote working options
- Annual wellbeing day
- A day off for your birthday
- Annual charity day allowance
- Excellent discount from the Cult Beauty website!
- Up to 50% discounts on wellbeing products from our parent company THG
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job