People Advisor - Nutrition & Wellness
Manchester, United Kingdom
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
THG Nutrition is one of the world’s leading players in online sports and nutrition retail. Our brands are breaking boundaries and growing at a relentless pace.
We’re home to the world’s largest online sports nutrition brand Myprotein, including its family of brands Myvegan, Myvitamins, Command, MP Clothing and Myprotein Pro, as well as Exante and Idealfit. All are loved and trusted by millions of fans worldwide.
With everything from manufacture and new product development to content creation, marketing and logistics delivered in-house, THG Nutrition is perfectly positioned to consistently deliver rapid growth in a fast-moving, global industry. We also partner with a network of more than 19,000 influencers to ensure brands can reach their audience, anywhere in the world.
It’s an incredibly exciting time to be joining the team.
Location: Manchester (Hybrid model - 3 days in the office, 2 days WFH)
We're now looking for a People Advisor to join the division to continue to evolve, develop and execute our People & HR strategy. With a broad remit coving all elements of HR, this is a fantastic opportunity to play a major role in helping the business achieve its goals over the next 3- 5 years and to develop a vibrant, innovative, performance focused culture & environment in line with THG's overarching meritocratic culture.
Key Responsibilities -
· Take responsibility for the management of all ER cases across business areas including; all sickness cases, flexible working requests, performance management plans, grievance and disciplinary processes
· Provide advice and guidance to colleagues and managers as required, building relationships with key divisional stakeholders
· Liaise with the HR Business Partner to ensure appropriate support is provided on complex ER issues, escalating any high-risk cases as appropriate
· Champion the development of people management skills within the division
· Management of Maternity/Paternity & Adoption across business areas
· Undertake and lead on project work to address divisional challenges and support the growth of the business
· Coach and influence managers from a people perspective, developing their people management/leadership skills and constructively challenging inappropriate behaviours/actions
· Manage all formal performance management cases within your business areas, and actively coach managers to handle performance cases on an informal basis where necessary
· Ensure all cases of formal performance management are documented and recorded in line with internal processes
Learning & Development
· Work closely with our L&D Partner to ensure that development programs from a HR perspective are fit for purpose and relevant for the beauty division
· Take ownership of delivering HR programs to ensure THG managers are getting the required people management skills they need in order to effectively manage their teams
· Assist with the implementation of the recruitment strategy as necessary
· Work with key stakeholders to implement and recruit for apprenticeship and graduate roles/schemes
Skills, Experience & Behaviours
· Experience of advising managers and stakeholders on HR policies and procedures
· Experience of dealing with all levels of employees in a persuasive and credible manner
· Demonstratable experience of handling routine and complex ER cases
· Strong technical skills and a good working knowledge of current employment legislation
· Strong listening and problem solving skills
· Strong relationship building skills
· Shows a strong commitment to understanding the business and meeting stakeholder needs
· Proactive and responsive demeanour to adapt to changing needs of the business
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job