Payments Data Analyst
Finance & Fraud
Icon 1, M90 5AA
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 10,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Job Title: Payments Data Analyst
Location: THG Ingenuity
About Ingenuity at THG:
THG Ingenuity solves global and local challenges for its partners, including, Nestle, P&G and Hotel Chocolat by delivering a seamless, effective and scalable direct-to-consumer retail model by incorporating all the required components for global digital commerce into a single, digital platform.
This enables THG to offer brands access to every product and service required to launch and scale a global e-commerce solution through a single SaaS relationship, which eradicates the complexity and cost of multi-partner relationships. Built to empower both brands and customers alike, the Ingenuity ecosystem takes all the pieces needed for successful e-commerce propositions, and places them under one roof.
About The Role:
THG is looking for a Payments Data Analyst to act the subject matter expert and point of reference for all thing payments. Focused on payments data and insights, problem solver, ability to deliver business objectives through aligning data systems.
Candidate will be setting up new data pipelines in order to improve the way THG receives data from its payment partners. This data will then be used to drive key business decisions from both a cost and performance perspective. Key role will be to create transactional cost dashboards in order to present insightful data analytics from payment reports to the wider business.
- Ingest data in more efficient way from 3rd part providers: Ability to build pipelines to ingest payments data through SFTP/API
- Design and build dashboards and reports to display key payments data for monitoring purpose and for both internal teams and external customers
- Assist with ad hoc data requests from internal and external teams
- Build reporting to allow for monitoring purposes to support management to make key payments decisions
- Use modelling and data analysis techniques in order to identify potential overcharges and present optimisation opportunities
- Automate auditing of transactional payments data to ensure costing is correct
- Collaborate with multiple teams - Be able to work across multiple departments in order to support development of payments reporting
- Create a reporting product for use of Ingenuity clients
- Assist with setting up reporting when onboarding new payment partners
- Professional education or equivalent experience
- 2+ years previous experience as a Data Analyst or Payments Analyst
- Payments experience is preferred (not a hard requirement)
- Knowledge of programming languages; Python, SQL
- Knowledge of visualisation tools: Power BI, Tableau
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Ability to articulate data to senior stakeholders
- Competitive salary
- Onsite doctor
- Employee discounts
- Gym discounts
- Company bonus scheme
- Company pension scheme
THG is proud to be a Disability Confident Committed employer. If you are invited to interview, please let us know if there are any reasonable adjustments we can make to the recruitment process that will enable you to perform to the best of your ability.
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job