Paid Social Manager | Biossance
San Francisco, CA (Hybrid)
THG is a fast-moving, global technology business that specialises in taking brands direct to consumers. Our world-class proprietary tech and infrastructure powers our extensive portfolio of beauty, nutrition and lifestyle brands and is now helping drive exponential growth of our clients’ brands globally.
We’re powered by a global team of over 7,000 ambitious people around the world. Our culture is fast-paced and entrepreneurial, it’s this DNA that has supported our incredible growth.
We’re always looking for individuals that can bring fresh and innovative thinking to THG, and play a part in driving the group forward on its exciting journey. So, if you’re ready to take the next big step in your career, challenge yourself every day and evolve with the world around you, THG is ready for you.
Role: Paid Social Manager
Biossance was born when our scientists invented a skin-identical hydrating molecule—squalane—that’s made from sustainable fermented sugarcane. Creating the world’s most incredible and powerful moisturizer led to creating the world’s most powerful skincare formulas. We use first-of-its kind proprietary fermentation technology to biodesign new, high-performing ingredients. The incredible research and development teams in our labs are leading the way to a healthier planet with our exceptional clean chemistry.
As a Paid Social Manager, you will be a part of our Biossance Ecommerce team, leading and contributing to projects that will support our fast-growing online business and assisting in the digital storytelling. This includes media activation, reporting and analysis, campaign support and overall customer experience. This role will help manage growth and retention across Meta, TikTok, Reddit, Pinterest and more. This position involves close collaboration with our Ecommerce, Growth, and other cross-functional teams to continually enhance the overall growth and marketing strategy. The focus is on driving awareness, brand storytelling, and serving as a crucial revenue driver.
The ideal candidate: is excited to be part of a fast-growing, fast paced digital team and is passionate about beauty. They have an eye for creative execution, are analytical and have data-oriented storytelling skills. They work quickly while effectively managing executional details and have an aptitude to manage multiple projects. Strong organizational, collaboration and communication skills are essential, along with the desire to bring in new ideas to drive KPIs. Must be able to work PST hours.
- Strategize, design and develop online marketing campaigns to maximize efficiency, revenue and awareness
- Activation and execution on Meta, TikTok, Pinterest, Reddit and LinkedIn marketing platforms
- Perform ongoing creative, audience and budget optimizations
- Determine KPI goals by campaign and work with our internal analytics team
- Testing roadmap, execute tests, collect and analyze data, identify trends and insights in order to achieve maximum ROI in paid social campaigns
- Provide paid social marketing strategy, including opportunity analysis, revenue targets, new client acquisition, prioritization, and budget management
- Develop and grow relationships with key platform representatives and marketing partners
- Manage and execute retail media and advertising co-op plans in collaboration with major retail partners such as Sephora
- Assist Performance Marketing Director in developing media strategy and building media plans (including audience targeting and segmentation, messaging, flighting, budgeting, etc.)
- Constantly scouring the beauty and digital marketing landscape for ideas and inspiration
- Identify new opportunities, explore new placements and platforms
- Develop creative briefing documents for ever-evolving creative and expansive product lines
- Work closely with the Marketing and Creative team to request and evolve brand and product assets
- Modify, develop, concept, edit video/static content to be used for paid social media needs
- Stay up-to-date on social trends (e.g. styles, memes, audios, formats, consumer interests, emerging platforms), constantly integrating into our strategy and capitalizing on trends that support our brand message
- Vet and propose new creators, influencers, and brand partnerships
Reporting and Analysis
- Analysis of paid performance and reporting. Understanding of paid media KPIs, including CAC, CPC, CPA, CPM, etc. and driving new client acquisition and leveraging data trends
- Support daily and ad-hoc weekly sales reporting to analyze channel and brand performance including product launch performance, promotional performance and provide key learnings, opportunities and action items
- Interpret reports and provide guidance on how to improve sales and customer engagement
- Recognize the impact of paid social across other channels. Analyze blended reporting of Social/SEM/Affiliate/Organic to identify true incremental & positive ROI opportunities
Support the Site Experience lead with efforts to ensure best-in-class customer experience and product data integrity:
- Sitewide maintenance, QA/troubleshooting site updates, and escalate any bugs to the site team
- Analyze site metrics and help identify areas of opportunities to constantly evolve the customer experience through competitive analysis as it relates to UX, campaigns, promotions, landing pages and new ideas
- Provide input on new technologies to determine if they add value to the customer journey
- BA or BS degree or equivalent experience and at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Strong desire to execute best-in-class digital marketing and ecommerce practices
- Proven experience in paid media strategy, planning, and execution, preferably in the beauty or consumer goods industry
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Experience with activation and execution on Meta/TikTok/Pinterest/etc. marketing platforms
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to interpret and translate data into action. Advanced Excel skills required. Experience with Google Analytics, TripleWhale, Wrike and Figma preferred
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with an aptitude for influencing and storytelling
- Salary: $105,000 - $115,000
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- 401K matched up to 5%
- Generous PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Short and long-term disability
- Summer Fridays
- Exclusive employee discounts off THG Brands
- Many more...
Because of the high volumes of applications our opportunities attract, it sometimes takes us time to review and consider them all. We endeavour to respond to every application we receive within 14 days. If you haven't heard from us within that time frame or should you have any specific questions about this or other applications for positions at THG please contact one of our Talent team to discuss further.
THG is committed to creating a diverse & inclusive environment and hence welcomes applications from all sections of the community.
Apply for this job